The trailers for Paddington have showcased the adorable little bear for which the movie’s named, but they haven’t actually described much of what the movie’s about. Until now.
Tag: Nicole Kidman (1-10 of 33)
Will Reese Witherspoon have an Australian accent, or will Nicole Kidman put on an American one?
EW has confirmed that Witherspoon and Kidman’s production companies (Pacific Standard and Blossom Films, respectively) have teamed up to option the screen rights to Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty. Deadline first reported the story.
In the new teaser for Before I Go to Sleep, Nicole Kidman plays a traumatized woman who can’t remember the violent attack she suffered 10 years ago. Her husband (Colin Firth) and doctor (Mark Strong) say they only want to help her recover, but every morning, when she wakes up, her memory of everything is gone. So she starts to document her days, Memento style, so that each day slowly brings her closer to the truth. READ FULL STORY
You never know how or why amnesia will strike in a Hollywood movie. In the case of Christine Lucas, Nicole Kidman’s character in the upcoming thriller Before I Go to Sleep, the lingering effects of a brutal assault ten years ago leave her unable to hold onto new memories for longer than a day—unfortunate, since there seems to be a rather high-stakes conspiracy unfolding around her.
Written and directed by 28 Days Later screenwriter Rowan Joffe (and based on S.J. Watson’s eponymous 2011 book), the film stars Colin Firth as Christine’s husband and Mark Strong as the doctor who’s working to help restore her memory, although neither seems to be quite who they claim. Between Christine’s whispered video diary entries, the implication that secrets are being piled on top of secrets, and a shot of Kidman standing nude before what seems to be a “conspiracy web” wall, the film seems ripe for paranoia and surprise twists.
Before I Go to Sleep is slated for a September 12 release. Hit the jump for a preview.
Ready to see Creepy Paddington where he actually belongs?
The first full-length trailer for Paddington, a live-action/CGI update of the classic children’s story about a Peruvian bear who finds himself in London, is here. Rather than setting up the plot, this first look shows one specific scene — Paddington (voiced by Colin Firth) attempting to get ready for bed, and Mr. Brown (
Lord Grantham Hugh Bonneville) wondering how much trouble one world traveling little bear can be.
Turns out, quite a lot. The film adaptation also stars Sally Hawkins as Mrs. Brown, Nicole Kidman as the villain, as well as Julie Walters, Jim Broadbent, and Peter Capaldi. Say goodbye to your childhood (or get ready to love the updated take) below: READ FULL STORY
Casting Net: Jude Law to play a literary 'Genius' opposite Colin Firth; Plus Ben Kingsley, Chace Crawford, more
• Jude Law (Sherlock Holmes) will join Oscar winners Colin Firth (The King’s Speech) and Nicole Kidman (The Hours) in theater director Michael Grandage’s film debut Genius. The film recounts the complex friendship between renowned editor Max Perkins (Firth) and literary giant Thomas Wolfe (Law) and is based on A. Scott Berg’s biography of Perkins, adapted for the screen by John Logan (The Aviator). [Deadline] READ FULL STORY
Academy Award winner Nicole Kidman is Grace of Monaco, one of the 20th century’s most iconic princess: Grace Kelly. The film, directed by Olivier Dahan, will open this year’s Cannes Film Festival after being pulled from the Weinstein Co.’s schedule last year; it was originally slated for a November 2013 release.
Grace of Monaco shows an intimate snapshot in the year of the life of Kelly, six years after her wedding of the century. As she yearns to return to the big screen with her newfound role as mother of two, Kelly strives to reconcile her past and her present while living as a monarch of a European principality and wife to Prince Rainier III.
In addition to Kidman, the film stars Tim Roth, Frank Langella, and Paz Vega. Take a look at the trailer below: READ FULL STORY
• Oscar-winner Nicole Kidman (The Hours), Guy Pearce (Prometheus) and Hugo Weaving (The Hobbit) will all star in the Australian thriller Strangerland, about a couple whose two teenage children go missing in the Australian desert. Kim Farrant will direct the film from a script by Fiona Seres and Michael Kinirons. [THR]
Casting Net: Jamie Foxx in talks to play Martin Luther King, Jr., Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly to re-team, and more movie news
• Oscar-winning actor Jamie Foxx (Ray) is in talks to play Martin Luther King, Jr. in a biopic for Warner Bros. and DreamWorks. Fellow Oscar-winner and biographical film enthusiast Oliver Stone (Born on the Fourth of July) is also in talks to direct. Chasing Mavericks scribe Kario Salem penned the most recent version of the script, and Steven Spielberg will reportedly produce. [The Wrap]
Latest Videos in Movies
- Ryan Murphy reveals an 'American Horror Story' secret: Seasons 'are all connected'
- 'Bad Judge,' 'A to Z' to be canceled by NBC
- 'Interstellar' review: Awe-fully sappy
- Billy Bob Thornton's 'Big Bang Theory' cameo: How it happened
- Halloween 2014: EW's favorite celebrity costumes
- 'Scandal,' 'Walking Dead, 'Blacklist,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Clive Barker is back from the dead--and his 'Nightbreed' is reborn
- 13 movie creeps: Harmless to horrifying