• Ben Stiller is in talks to star in I Am Chippendales, the true story of the fraught ascent of the male stripper revue, based on Rodney Sheldon’s book. The Secret Life of Walter Mitty star would play Nicolas de Noia, a former choreographer who helped usher the show into the mainstream. The story will focus on founder Steve Banerjee. Alan Ball, best known for his work as an executive producer on shows like True Blood, Banshee, and Six Feet Under, will direct. [Variety] READ FULL STORY
Tag: Norman Reedus (1-4 of 4)
The Tribeca Film Festival announced the first half of its 2013 movie slate today, including its World Narrative and Documentary Competition film categories, along with selections from the out-of-competition Viewpoints section, which highlights international and independent cinema. Festival organizers reviewed more than 6,000 submissions to select 89 feature-length films from 30 different countries for this year’s festival, which boasts 53 world premieres. “Our competition selections embody the quality and diversity of contemporary cinema from across the globe,” said Frederic Boyer, Tribeca’s artistic director. “The cinematic proficiency that harnesses this lineup is remarkable and we’re looking forward to sharing these new perspectives, powerful performances, and multifaceted stories.”
A few of the festival’s high-profile world premieres: Laurie Collyer (Sherrybaby) directs Naomi Watts, Matt Dillon, and Norman Reedus in Sunlight Jr., a sober love story between a convenience-store employee (Watts) and a paraplegic (Dillon) and what happens when she gets pregnant. Matt Wolf’s documentary Teenage investigates the history of the youth demographic that didn’t exist until the 1950s but now drives our popular culture. Kodi Smit-McPhee (The Road) plays a young teen who sets out on a fowl adventure with his bird-watching friends on the eve of his widowed father’s wedding in A Birder’s Guide to Everything, co-starring Ben Kingsley.
Click below for a list of the recently announced Tribeca films: READ FULL STORY
Casting Net: Louis C.K., Andrew Dice Clay join new Woody Allen film. Plus: Ashley Tisdale, Elijah Wood, Johnny Galecki
• Here’s something you don’t see every day. Director Woody Allen announced today that he’s cast comedians Louis C.K. and Andrew Dice Clay in his latest, untitled film, which will be shot in New York and San Francisco. The stand-ups will join Alec Baldwin, Cate Blanchett, Bobby Cannavale, Michael Emerson, Sally Hawkins, and Peter Sarsgaard.
• Frankly, it’s surprising it took this long for a High School Musical alum to do a movie like this. Ashley Tisdale will play the lead in the horror flick parody Scary Movie 5. Malcolm D. Lee (Soul Men) will direct. [Deadline]
• A small town pawn shop in the American South will be the nexus for the impressive ensemble cast writer-director Wayne Kramer (The Cooler, Running Scared) has assembled for his black comedy Pawn Shop Chronicles. Joining actor-producer Paul Walker: Matt Dillon, Elijah Wood, Brendan Fraser, Vincent D’Onofrio, Thomas Jane, Norman Reedus, Ashlee Simpson, Lukas Haas, Chi McBride, DJ Qualls, Michael Cudlitz, Pell James, and Kevin Rankin. Phew! [Deadline]
• The Big Bang Theory star Johnny Galecki, Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins, and actress Mickey Sumner (The Borgias) have all joined CBGB, about the renown New York punk rock club. Galecki will play band manager Terry Ork; Hawkins will play Iggy Pop; and Sumner will play Patti Smith. They join Alan Rickman (as club owner Hilly Crystal), Malin Akerman (as Debbie Harry), and Rupert Grint (as guitarist Cheetah Chrome). Randall Miller (Bottle Shock) will direct. [Deadline, THR, Variety]
• Logan Lerman (Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief) and Douglas Booth (The Pillars of the Earth) have been cast in director Darren Aronofsky‘s Biblical epic Noah as Noah’s sons Ham and Shem, respectively. Russell Crowe will play the famed ark builder. [Deadline]
Casting Net: Beyonce, Josh Hutcherson, Colin Farrell going ‘Epic.’ Plus: Adam Sander, Olivia Wilde
Casting Net: Stallone and De Niro eyeing boxing comedy ‘Grudge Match.’ Plus: Gary Oldman, Dominic Monaghan, Anne Hathaway
Casting Net: Adam Shankman comedy eyeing all-star cast. Plus: Jude Law, Michelle Pfeiffer, Gillian Anderson, Taran Killam
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Orphan Black' showrunners on THAT return...
- 'Orphan Black' shocker: Tatiana Maslany says...
- 'Godzilla' promo: See the monster roar
- Prince surprises fans with a new single
- 'Lost' series finale: Carlton Cuse looks back
- Gwen Stefani + 'The Voice'? Sound good to you?
- Clones! Doppelgangers! Twins! 23 movie/TV multiples
- Natalie Dormer talks Margaery (and a little Cressida)
- George R.R. Martin reveals what a full-sized dragon looks like
- 'Game of Thrones' Natalie Dormer teases what's next for Margaery
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes
- 'Lost' exec producer Carlton Cuse looks back at plotting the finale -- and picks TV's best goodbye
- New 'Godzilla' trailer: See the monster roar -- VIDEO