Hugh Jackman is indeed playing a villainous pirate in the upcoming Peter Pan origin story from Warner Bros., but here’s the hook: He’s not Hook. Pan (out July 17) takes the J.M. Barrie mythos and shuffles the deck, outfitting Jackman with a flying ship and a diabolical Vandyke as the dreaded pirate Blackbeard, whose men have been kidnapping young wartime orphans—including a certain Peter (Levi Miller, left)—from their beds. Meanwhile, Captain Hook is neither a captain nor behooked, but played by Garrett Hedlund as a dashing Indiana Jones-like figure. Says director Joe Wright, “This isn’t exactly the Neverland story you know.” READ FULL STORY
Tag: Pan (1-4 of 4)
But who will be his Tinkerbell?
EW has confirmed that Warner Bros. has cast newcomer Levi Miller as Peter Pan in its upcoming film titled Pan. Written by Jason Fuchs, Pan will be directed by Joe Wright. Miller joins a star-studded cast, including Hugh Jackman as Blackbeard, Garrett Hedlund as Hook, and Rooney Mara, who’s in talks for the role of Tiger Lily.
Variety first reported the news.
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Walking Dead' midseason finale: Who won't survive?
- 'SNL' host poll: How'd Cameron Diaz do?
- Worst sitcom title ever? We might have a new contender
- 'True Detective' roles for Rachel McAdams, Taylor Kitsch, Kelly Reilly
- Angelina Jolie and Jack O'Connell are 'Unbroken': See new EW cover
- Broadway star Tavi Gevinson picks her fave books; we pick her brain on creativity for 'Lightbulb'
- 'Pan' First Look: Hugh Jackman as villain pirate...but don't call him Hook
- American Music Awards '14: We grade the performances