• Magic Mike star Channing Tatum is in early talks to produce and star in Bad Romance for writer and director Jonathan Levine (50/50). No details about the plot were revealed. Tatum can be seen next in Bennett Miller’s Foxcatcher, recently bumped to a 2014 release, and 22 Jump Street. He also voices the part of Superman in The Lego Movie. [THR]
Tag: Patrick Wilson (1-6 of 6)
Director James Wan is having a busy year. His period-piece horror film The Conjuring opens in July. His Fast & Furious movie opens next July. In between those two movies, he’s releasing Insidious: Chapter 2, the sequel to 2011′s ridiculously profitable spooky-family thriller. The trailer for the sequel just hit the web. And it is crazy. Like, there are a lot of things popping out of a lot of places, and Patrick Wilson is looking more than a little unhinged. And look! It’s that Iron Man 3 kid again! Watch the trailer: READ FULL STORY
Casting Net: Chris Pine reunites with 'Smokin' Aces' director; Plus, Will Smith, Christoph Waltz, Zach Braff's Kickstarter movie, and more
• In the midst of the frenzy surrounding the release of Star Trek Into Darkness, Chris Pine has revealed where he’ll boldly go next. EW has confirmed that Pine will appear in comedic thriller Stretch, a project that reunites the actor with Joe Carnahan, who directed one of Pine’s earliest films, 2006′s Smokin’ Aces. Patrick Wilson (Watchmen) will star in the new film as a down-on-his-luck chauffeur who drives around a mysterious billionaire to get rid of his debt. Details on Pine’s role have not yet been revealed. [The Wrap] READ FULL STORY
Director James Wan’s follow-up to 2011′s smash hit Insidious looks to feature a similar atmosphere of old-school bump-in-the-night horror. The new trailer for this summer’s The Conjuring focuses on true-life investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren (Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga), who investigate a freaky house where freaky things happened. “It’s not a haunting. It’s not a possession,” the trailer explains. Whatever “it” is, it seems to include lots of scary faces, hanging bodies, and at least one terrifying use of a music box. Watch the trailer below: READ FULL STORY
• Katherine Heigl and Patrick Wilson will play spouses in the dark comedy North of Hell. Wilson will play a successful business man, and Heigl, his controlling wife. Anthony Burns (Skateland) is set to write and direct. Heigl hasn’t really been on the scene much since 2012′s One for the Money, but she has a number of films in the pipeline, including The Big Wedding (out April 26) with Robert De Niro, Amanda Seyfried, Diane Keaton, Susan Sarandon, and Robin Williams, and the animated flick The Nut Job. Wilson has a number of projects coming up as well, including The Conjuring (out July 19) and Insidious: Chapter 2. As far as we know, none of them will feature Wilson playing ping-pong with Lena Dunham. [Deadline]
Get ready for another movie that will make you afraid of your house’s every bump, creak, and clank. Haunted house movie Insidious is getting a sequel.
The horror flick was a box office success when it opened in April 2011: It was made for a reported $1.5 million and grossed $97 million worldwide. For the sequel, titled Insidious Chapter 2, James Wan and Leigh Whannell will return to direct and pen the screenplay, respectively.
[Spoiler alert for anyone who doesn't want to know who didn't die in the first movie.]
READ FULL STORY
- Beyonce surprise: 'Visual Album' now on iTunes
- 'Grey's Anatomy' recap: 'Get Up, Stand Up'
- 'Scandal' recap: 'A Door Marked Exit'
- Tina + Amy: Darth Vader has two mommies?
- 'Vampire Diaries' recap: 'Fifty Shades of Grayson'
- Golden Globes: 16 snubs that bugged YOU
- Golden Globes TV noms: Nice surprises, nasty snubs
- 'Descendants': Disney villains as parents of teens?