• Game of Thrones star Peter Dinklage is in final talks to join the Adam Sandler comedy Pixels, about aliens versed in only 1980s video games who appropriate those strategies for their attack on Earth. A group of video game experts are called upon to defeat the threat. Chris Columbus is directing the pic. Josh Gad and Kevin James also star. [The Wrap] READ FULL STORY
Tag: Peter Dinklage (1-7 of 7)
Peter Dinklage is ready to get R-rated.
The Game of Thrones star has signed on to play the lead in an untitled comedy for Paramount, EW confirmed. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the story is about a man who goes around telling people that he’s a leprechaun. Reports state that the goal is to craft a movie that’s similar in tone to 2003′s Bad Santa, which would place it squarely in R-rated territory.
Casting Net: Kate Hudson joins Zach Braff's Kickstarter project. Plus: Liam Hemsworth, Peter Dinklage, more
• Kate Hudson (Something Borrowed) is set to join Zach Braff’s Wish I Was Here. The story follows 35-year-old husband, father, and struggling actor Aiden Bloom (Braff), who decides to home school his kids when his father (Homeland’s Mandy Patinkin, playing another Saul) has to stop funding their private education. Hudson will play the part of Braff’s wife. Braff famously funded this project through a Kickstarter campaign that actually still has three days left. At the time of posting, the project had raised over $690K beyond its goal of $2 million. The film also stars Anna Kendrick (Pitch Perfect), Josh Gad (1600 Penn), and Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory). [Deadline]
• The Hunger Games’ Liam Hemsworth will play a surfer turned fighter pilot in Aurora Rising. Written by Christian Gudegast (A Man Apart), the movie will tell the story of Hemsworth’s character who gets recruited to be part of an elite team just in time to help out with an escalating conflict abroad. The Australian actor will also be reprising his role as Gale Hawthorne in The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, out November 22. [Deadline]
MTV is rounding out its list of presenters for Sunday’s MTV Movie Awards (airing live at 9 p.m. ET). EW has also confirmed that Kim Kardashian will introduce Selena Gomez performing her new single ”Come & Get It” (E! Online first exclusively reported the news). Also recently announced, Brad Pitt will present the award for Movie of the Year, and Peter Dinklage will hand over the Comedic Genius Award to Will Ferrell.
Kardashian, Pitt, and Dinklage join a glittery list of previously announced presenters including Steve Carell, Melissa McCarthy, Zac Efron, Kerry Washington, Amanda Seyfried, and the stars of This Is the End, Grown Ups 2, and Star Trek Into Darkness. Host Rebel Wilson will assemble costars from fall hit Pitch Perfect for the show’s opener.
MTV Movie Awards: ‘Pitch Perfect’ cast to reunite on stage
MTV Movie Awards: Steve Carell, ‘Star Trek’ stars, and more to present
‘Django,’ ‘Ted,’ ‘Silver Linings’ lead 2013 MTV Movie Award nominations
A superhero always pays his debts.
Game of Thrones star Peter Dinklage is joining the cast of X-Men: Days of Future Past.
Director Bryan Singer tweeted the news tonight, although he did not specify which character the actor would play.
While we’re of the mind that the charismatic 43-year-old could play any badass he put his mind to, there are a few Marvel mutant characters that would match his diminutive height.
• Joel McHale, Robin Williams, and Lauren Graham have signed on star in the new holiday comedy A Friggin’ Christmas Miracle. Lorelai Gilmore and Jeff Winger will play a married couple forced to spend Christmas with their crazy extended family. On Christmas Eve, Boyd (McHale) realizes he forgot to bring his son’s gifts and embarks on an eight-hour road trip with his father (Williams) to retrieve them before his son wakes up. British director Tristram Shapeero, best known for directing television shows like Community and New Girl, will make his feature film debut directing the project. [THR]
• Game of Thrones star Peter Dinklage is set to star in A Long Way Home, described as an “epic adventure about friendship, courage, magic, adventure and the lengths one boy will go to reunite his family.” Production designer Paki Smith (set decorator on The Dark Knight Rises and Batman Begins) will direct the project. [Variety]
Casting Net: Sandra Bullock, Melissa McCarthy team for cop comedy. Plus: Mila Kunis, Peter Dinklage, Chloe Moretz, Rupert Everett, Tom Cruise
• Robin Williams, Mila Kunis, Peter Dinklage, Melissa Leo, and James Earl Jones have signed on for The Angriest Man in Brooklyn, about a patient who is erroneously told he has 90 minutes to live. The comedy marks the first film from Field of Dreams director Phil Alden Robinson since 2002′s The Sum of All Fears. [Screen International]
• Jessica Biel, Chloe Moretz, and Jeffrey Dean Morgan will star in The Devil in the Deep Blue Sea, about a widower (Morgan) who helps a girl (Moretz) construct a raft to cross the Atlantic Ocean. (Biel will play Morgan’s late wife.) Justin Timberlake will add two more hyphens to his multi-hyphenate resume, meanwhile, serving as the film’s composer and music supervisor. Bill Purple will make his feature directing debut from a script by Robbie Pickering (Natural Selection). [THR]
• Speaking of Chloe Moretz, the in demand actress is also in talks for Kick-Ass 2, reprising her role as Hit Girl, who will go into retirement. But will she stay there?! (No.) [Total Film]
• Colin Firth, Emily Watson, and Tom Wilkinson will star in actor Rupert Everett‘s directoral debut The Happy Prince, a biopic about Oscar Wilde. Everett will play the famed author and playwright, and also wrote the screenplay. [Variety]
Check out new projects for TOM CRUISE, ABIGAIL BRESLIN, PAUL DANO, OWEN WILSON, RACHEL McADAMS, and ELIZABETH BANKS below: READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Castle' goes '70s: Foxy Lanie!
- 'Friday Night Lights': Going out on top
- 'Southland' movie? Here's what we'd want to see
- Natalie Dormer talks Margaery (and a little Cressida)
- 'Transcendence': EW movie review
- 'Heaven Is for Real': EW movie review
- 'Orphan Black': Creators' secrets from the set
- 'Scandal' recap: 'The Price of Free and Fair Elections'
- George R.R. Martin reveals what a full-sized dragon looks like
- 'Parks and Recreation' finale: 'Workaholics' star Blake Anderson to guest -- EXCLUSIVE
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes
- 'Scandal' season finale recap: 'I'm the Scandal'
- Lindsay Lohan says 'sex list' is real, but there's an unfortunate reason…