• Michael Fassbender (12 Years a Slave) is in talks to star in the Derek Cianfrance-directed adaptation of M.L. Stedman‘s 2012 novel The Light Between Oceans. The story follows a lighthouse keeper and his wife, who discover an infant and a dead body in a rowboat and decide to raise the child as their own in post-World War I Australia. Fassbender can be seen next in X-Men: Days of Future Past (out May 23). [THR] READ FULL STORY
Tag: Peter Sarsgaard (1-7 of 7)
The trailer for the new thriller Night Moves doesn’t answer many questions.
The film, directed by Kelly Reichardt (Wendy and Lucy) and starring Jesse Eisenberg, Dakota Fanning, and Peter Sarsgaard, centers on three environmentalists who plot to blow up a dam. (Man, Eisenberg’s eco-happy Modern Family character really took a turn!) As the plan unfolds, cracks begin to emerge among the trio and paranoia runs rampant. The first trailer showcases the movie’s eerie atmosphere, highlighting the gang’s deliberate decisions as well as the uncertainty they feel as their dangerous scheme progresses.
Watch the surprisingly Bob Seger-free trailer below: READ FULL STORY
• Liev Schreiber (Ray Donovan) and Peter Sarsgaard (Blue Jasmine) are in talks to star in the Bobby Fischer film Pawn Sacrifice, starring Tobey Maguire as the chess genius. Ed Zwick (Love & Other Drugs, Blood Diamond) is set to direct the movie about Fischer’s historic match against Russian chess champion Boris Spassky (Schreiber). Sarsgaard would take on the role of a priest who helps Fischer get through the trying time. [THR]
In the whirlwind of a new trailer for Lovelace, Amanda Seyfried plays porn sensation Linda Lovelace — from her humble beginnings to her glamorous life as the star of Deep Throat and ending with her activist days when she spoke out against the industry that made her famous.
Peter Sarsgaard plays Chuck Traynor, Lovelace’s husband and abuser, the man who takes the good girl out of her sheltered home and shows her the world. After his turn in a similar role opposite Carey Mulligan in An Education, Sarsgaard is really starting to creep me out.
Check out the trailer for glimpses of Adam Brody in a mustache (as Harry Reems, Lovelace’s costar in Deep Throat, the film that changed the porn industry forever) and James Franco as Hugh Hefner.
READ FULL STORY
Cate Blanchett, Peter Sarsgaard, and Andrew Dice Clay star in Woody Allen's 'Blue Jasmine' -- EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS
In Blue Jasmine, Woody Allen splits time between New York and San Francisco, as Cate Blanchett’s unraveling Manhattan socialite retreats to her sister’s more-modest ‘Frisco digs after her marriage to a wealthy Wall Street financier (Alec Baldwin) collapses. “Jasmine is in freefall and has to leave behind everything she knows and has expected,” Allen says in the film’s production notes. “She’s entering the realm of absolute unknown, moving from one coast to the other, from one social set to the other, one class to another.”
Jasmine knows she can rely on her plainer and kinder sister, Ginger (Sally Hawkins), even though Jasmine is sure to turn Ginger’s life upside-down as well. The more elegant sister has never approved of Ginger’s taste in men, and when she arrives, she immediately turns up her nose at Ginger’s current boyfriend, Chili (Bobby Canavale, pictured above with Allen and Max Casella), a mechanic who realizes right away that Jasmine is a threat to his continued happiness. READ FULL STORY
Peter Sarsgaard is accustomed to playing unsavory characters, but the role of Linda Lovelace’s abusive husband in Lovelace, which premiered last night at the Sundance Film Festival, almost stopped him in his tracks. Chuck Traynor masterminded his wife’s pornography career and years after Deep Throat, Lovelace would accuse him of beating her and threatening to kill her if she ever tried to leave him or the sordid business that made her famous. “Being in the place where I am in my life, the role just wasn’t appealing,” says Sarsgaard, whose wife Maggie Gyllenhaal was pregnant with their second daughter when he was weighing the decision. “At the same time, I was having trouble saying no, so there’s obviously some part of me that is attracted to it.”
Moping around his house, he took forever to read the script — to the point that the filmmakers were reluctantly about to seek a Plan B. Finally, his pregnant wife stepped in. “Basically, you’ve been thinking about it for too long,” Sarsgaard says she told him. “That means you should do it.”
“Thank god for her,” says Amanda Seyfried, who plays the beautiful but battered Lovelace in the film. “Because honestly, he’s the best actor of our generation and I got to work with him. I can’t believe it still.” READ FULL STORY
There have now been any number of movies, whether documentary or fiction or docudrama, about the pornographic-film industry, including a couple of great ones (like Boogie Nights). Yet Deep Throat, the 1972 film that launched the porn revolution (and helped to kick the sexual revolution into 11th gear), marked such a seismic change in American life that it’s startling, and often quite funny, to watch Lovelace, the nimble and haunting new biopic of that film’s star, Linda Lovelace, that premiered to a very buzzy response at Sundance last night, and to realize how small-scale the whole saga really was. Or, at least, how small it was at the beginning. READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'SNL': How'd Cameron Diaz do?
- Tyler James Williams' 'Walking Dead' preview: 'We're going back to get the squad'
- 'Hobbit' First Look: Billy Boyd music video for the 'Last Goodbye' closing theme
- Stephen Merchant answers burning Q's about 'Hello Ladies: The Movie' (including THAT cameo)
- 20 platonic movie/TV power couples
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': 7 biggest changes from page to screen
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': A movie, or just an extended prologue for the movie yet to come?
- 'Mockingjay': Hear Jennifer Lawrence sing 'The Hanging Tree'
- See the exclusive music video for 'The Hobbit's 'Last Goodbye,' with Billy Boyd and goosebumps aplenty
- Bodies of Work: 49 Unforgettable Nude Scenes
- Cameron Diaz hosts 'Saturday Night Live' this weekend -- talk about it here!
- Bobby Moynihan: Drunk Uncle, Aunt Linda, and Stefon are one big family
- 20 Classic Movie/TV Bikinis