• Eva Longoria has signed on to star in the Blumhouse horror pic Visions, alongside Isla Fisher (Wedding Crashers), Gillian Jacobs (Community), and Anson Mount (Hell on Wheels). Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) is also in talks to join the movie about a pregnant woman (Fisher) who’s haunted by visions of a “sinister hooded figure.” Kevin Greutert (Saw VI) is set to direct. Longoria, who plays Fisher’s character’s best friend in the film, recently wrapped the drama Frontera with Michael Pena and Ed Harris and is currently filming Demian Bichir’s Refugio. [Deadline] READ FULL STORY
Tag: Richard Dreyfuss (1-3 of 3)
Casting Net: Bryan Cranston joining thriller 'Eye of Winter.' Plus: Christopher Meloni, Richard Dreyfuss, Gloria Reuben
• Bryan Cranston, Alice Eve (Sex and the City 2, next summer’s Star Trek Into Darkness), and Logan Marshall-Green (Prometheus) will star in Eye of Winter, an indie thriller about a lifelong crook (Cranston) who is going blind (too much blue meth?), and therefore decides to kidnap a mother (Eve) and her daughter to help him land a bounty of cash from a corrupt cop (Marshall-Green). Tze Chun (Children of Invention) will direct from a script he wrote with Osgood Perkins and Nick Simon (Removal). [Variety]
• Christopher Meloni (NBC’s Law & Order: SVU, HBO’s True Blood) is in talks to star in White Bird in a Blizzard, an indie drama from writer-director Gregg Araki (Mysterious Skin) about a woman dealing with her suddenly missing mother. Shailene Woodley (The Descendants), Eva Green (Casino Royale), Shiloh Fernandez (Red Riding Hood), and Gabourey Sidibe (Precious) costar. [Deadline]
• Richard Dreyfuss, Danny Glover, Danny Masterson, and Jon Heder will star in the dark comedy Killing Winston Jones, about an elementary school teacher (Masterson) who schemes to get the school gym named after his dad (Dreyfuss). The catch: The honoree must be dead, and his pops isn’t. Yet. Actor Joel David Moore (Avatar) will direct from a script by first timer Justin T. Winters. [Variety]
• Gloria Reuben (Lincoln) will join Samuel L. Jackson and Dominic Cooper (The Devil’s Double) in the thriller Reasonable Doubt, about an assistant district attorney who obsesses over a man acquitted from a hit-and-run accident that killed someone. Reuben will play a veteran police detective. Peter Howitt (Sliding Doors) will direct the indie from a script by Peter Dowling (Flightplan). [Deadline]
Casting Net: Charlize Theron signs on as doc narrator. Plus Liam Neeson, Bruce McGill
Casting Net: Kelsey Grammer, Kyra Sedgwick join ensemble of ‘Reach Me.’ Plus: Will Arnett, Katherine Heigl plan ‘The Nut Job’
Casting Net: Tom Hardy plugging into ‘Splinter Cell.’ Plus: Benicio del Toro, Alexander Skarsgard, Evan Rachel Wood
Casting Net: Aaron Paul taking 'A Long Way Down.' Plus: Eric Bana, Christoph Waltz, Richard Dreyfuss
• Eric Bana will go to war with Mark Wahlberg, Taylor Kitsch, Emile Hirsch, and Ben Foster in Lone Survivor, based on the memoir by real life Navy SEAL Marcus Luttrell (played by Wahlberg in the film). The military thriller, adapted and directed by Peter Berg (Battleship, The Kingdom), follows a mission in Afghanistan that goes very, very bad (hence the book’s title). Bana certainly knows from movies about military operations that go wrong: His first Hollywood film was 2001’s Black Hawk Down. [THR]
• Christoph Waltz has signed up for director Terry Gilliam‘s The Zero Theorem, which sounds like a quintessentially Terry Gilliam-y film: An oddball, reclusive computer genius named Qohen Leth seeks to discover the meaning of life while contending with a monolithic totalitarian government. [Deadline]
• Richard Dreyfuss has signed onto Cas & Dylan, actor Jason Priestley‘s directorial debut, about a man with a terminal illness who finds himself on the run with a younger woman (Tatiana Maslany, The Vow). Jessie Gabe(Being Erica) penned the script. [THR]
Casting Net: Steve Carell will help Will Ferrell ‘Swear to God.’ Plus: Heather Graham’s back for ‘The Hangover Part III’
Casting Net: Shia LaBeouf courting Lars von Trier’s ‘Nymphomaniac.’ Plus: Ryan Reynolds, Malin Akerman, Kim Basinger
Casting Net: Reese Witherspoon will be ‘The Beard.’ Plus: Julianne Hough, Jonathan Rhys Meyers
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Horrible Bosses 2' review: Working too hard for too little payoff
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': New photos introduce us to Christian's mom, dad, and sister
- Assassin's Creed: Unity' fans get an apology from gamemaker for glitches
- Thanksgiving family movie nights: Our most awkward choices...and yours?
- Jennifer Aniston plays 'Horrible' prank on BBC DJ
- 'Dancing With the Stars' recap: Alfonso Ribeiro claims the mirrorball trophy
- 'Arrow' preview: Laurel dresses the part of Black Canary, but 'a mask does not a hero make'
- Netflix additions for December include 'Wolf of Wall Street,' 'American Horror Story: Coven'
- And the 'Dancing With the Stars' season 19 winner is...
- 'Dancing With the Stars' season finale recap: A nail-biter till the very end
- Jennifer Aniston and Lisa Kudrow try to out-curse each other on 'Kimmel'
- 'Arrow': Despite Black Canary costume, Laurel is far from a hero
- 'The Voice' recap: Meet the Top 8