The last time Kurt Russell signed on to appear in a Western the result was 1993’s Tombstone, a film which over time has acquired the reputation as a bona fide classic of the genre as well as one of the movies most quoted whenever poker players get together. (“I’m your huckleberry.”) So it’s hard not to get pretty rootin’-tootin’ excited about the news that, 21 years on, the Escape from New York star has once again saddled up for the just-wrapped Western, Bone Tomahawk.
Tag: Richard Jenkins (1-5 of 5)
Ready for a good cry? The trailer for Lullaby, an upcoming drama following a family dealing with the impending death of their dad and husband (Richard Jenkins), is here — and it proves this one’s going to be a major tearjerker.
The film, written and directed by Andrew Levitas, stars an A-list cast, including Anne Archer, Garrett Hedlund, Amy Adams, Jennifer Hudson, Terrence Howard, and Jessica Brown Findlay.
No one kills a peaceful, normal day like Roland Emmerich.
In Emmerich’s White House Down (the other White House under attack movie of the season) John Cale (Channing Tatum) just wants the opportunity to protect the President (Jamie Foxx). After he’s denied that job, he takes his daughter to the White House for a tour on the same day it comes under attack, and he gets the chance to prove himself. Good thing he wore his John McClane outfit.
From screenwriter James Vanderbilt (Zodiac) it’s a somewhat irresistible formula, combining the contained chaos of Die Hard and raising the stakes by putting the leader of the country in danger. We’re especially excited to see Zero Dark Thirty star Jason Clarke lead the group of mercenaries trying to overtake the White House. Maggie Gyllenhaal and James Woods also co-star as Secret Service Agents.
Check out the first trailer for the summer blockbuster below and let us know what you think.
The first trailer for the Brad Pitt underworld thriller Killing Them Softly is light on plot, and heavy on moody atmospherics, from the smoke slowly wafting from Pitt’s goatee-ringed mouth to the killer use of Johnny Cash’s “The Man Comes Around.” The film won raves when it premiered at Cannes for Pitt’s performance as a mob enforcer tasked with tracking down two lowlifes who robbed a mobbed up poker game. Check out the trailer below: READ FULL STORY
Casting Net: Anthony Mackie may join 'Captain America' sequel as the Falcon. Plus: Richard Jenkins, Vince Vaughn
• Richard Jenkins (The Cabin in the Woods) is negotiating to join his Dear John costar Channing Tatum in White House Down, about a secret service agent (Tatum) who must protect the president (Jamie Foxx) when the White House is taken by a paramilitary group. Jenkins would play the Speaker of the House of Representatives, second in line of presidential succession. Maggie Gyllenhaal and James Woods costar, and Roland Emmerich is directing. [Variety]
• Vince Vaughn is attached to Gunslingers, an action-adventure pitch to be written by Randall Wallace (Braveheart). No director is yet attached. [Deadline]
Marvel Studios goes micro (‘Ant-Man’) and macro (‘Guardians of the Galaxy’) with Comic-Con revelations
Daniel Radcliffe to star in supernatural thriller ‘Horns’
Dianna Agron’s ‘Glee’-ful casting confirmation
Latest Videos in Movies
- Turkeys! 50 remarkable pop-culture flops
- 'Star Wars' trailer wish list: VII things we hope to see
- Thanksgiving Day Parade recap: EW's play-by-play
- 'How to Get Away with Murder’ team on the pre-reveal killer theories they liked best
- 10 Thanksgivings with 'Friends'
- 10 movies that serve up memorable Thanksgivings
- Retire? Liars! 12 musical acts who said goodbye... doesn't mean forever
- 'Survivor': 3 Q's for Jeff Probst (plus a tease and deleted scene)