Australia was founded as a repository for crooks and criminals — a wretched hive of scum and villainy, like the British Empire’s own Mos Eisley. Of course, that was a long time ago and the Australian national demeanor has since shifted from “kill or be killed” to “live and let live,” but David Michôd’s gritty 2010 drama Animal Kingdom chronicled some of the country’s more modern criminal descendents. In his upcoming sophomore effort, The Rover, the director takes things even further. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Robert Pattinson (11-20 of 71)
Bella and Edward have the 'morning after' talk in never-before-seen 'Breaking Dawn -- Part 1' clip -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
A new, extended version of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn — Part 1 includes eight minutes of never-before-seen footage from the fourth movie in the series. Luckily for you, EW has an exclusive clip of one of those scenes. Check out Bella (Kristen Stewart) and Edward (Robert Pattinson) the morning after a night of passion below! READ FULL STORY
Looking to get the most bang for your buck when casting a would-be blockbuster? Consider Natalie Portman or Kristen Stewart, the two top actors on Forbes‘s new list of the stars that offer Hollywood the best return on investment.
The magazine estimates that Oscar winner Portman returned $42.70 for every dollar she was paid for her last three starring roles in Black Swan, No Strings Attached, and Your Highness. Black Swan is the main reason Portman won such high placement on the list; the 2010 film grossed a healthy $330 million on an estimated budget of $13 million. By contrast, Forbes Most Overpaid Actor Eddie Murphy earned just $2.30 for every salary dollar he received over the last three years.
'Breaking Dawn -- Part 2' premiere: Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson on 'Twilight's last gleaming
, so it’s pretty cool.” READ FULL STORY
Twihards, the moment has finally arrived.
After four previous films, one vampire baby, and hundreds of press interviews full of are they/aren’t they tension for the stars, the final Twilight red carpet is here – and EW is bringing you a front row seat, courtesy of Yahoo! Movies.
Come back to this page tonight starting at 7:30 p.m. ET for a live stream of all the Twilight: Breaking Dawn — Part 2 proceedings. What will Kristen Stewart be wearing? Will Taylor Lautner do a character homage and be shirtless? (Doubtful.) Will Mackenzie Foy and Taylor Lautner pose for pictures together (and what about Pattinson and Stewart)? Anyone’s guess!
Hopefully the stars might spill some secrets about the film, which officially opens on Friday. Stewart has already talked up a “twist ending,” and Pattinson has shared the secrets of his loud kissing that are apparently on display in the movie. What more vampire revelations are still to come?
Watch the live stream below: READ FULL STORY
In mere weeks, the premiere of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn — Part 2 will rain down romance, blood, and of course screaming, lusty fans. For now, we have a new peek — and a feisty one at that. Witness this line: “Jake, you really do stink!” Those are the words of a ruby-eyed, paler-than-usual Bella (Kristen Stewart) during her first meet-up with Jacob (Taylor Lautner) after she becomes a vampire. As for this particular clip, unveiled by MTV Thursday, there’s a nuanced moment of understanding between Jacob and his longtime rival-turned-Bella’s husband Edward (Robert Pattinson). Watch for it now.
Twilight fans are having a pretty great week. First, EW brought you an exclusive clip of Bella and Edward from their new cottage, and now, Green Day has released a music video for their song, “The Forgotten,” featured on the Breaking Dawn — Part 2 soundtrack.
The video is full of goodies from the film, including an extended look at red-eyed vampire Bella jumping over a waterfall and running, running, running through the forest with Edward. So much to do, so little time before the Volturi show up! There’s also a fair amount of Renesmee, including some shots of the whole new vampire family around the piano, and — most excitedly for fans — even a tease of big moments like when Bella gives Renesmee the locket.
Check out the music video below: READ FULL STORY
In an arm wrestling match, who would win: beefy Emmett Cullen (Kellen Lutz) or dainty little Bella (Kristen Stewart)? In any other movie, the answer would be obvious… but in Breaking Dawn — Part 2, Bella’s budding vampire powers make her a match for the Cullen clan’s strongest son. Even if her arms still look decidedly spindly. Check out the newborn’s feat of strength in this new clip from the film:
• Tyler Perry will star in (as well as write, produce, and direct) Single Mom’s Club, about a group of single mothers who come together after an episode at their local school. No word on what Perry’s role would be, but hopefully it does not involve hunting ruthless assassins a la this weekend’s Alex Cross — that would just be weird. Lionsgate is in final talks to distribute. [Variety]
• Amy Adams is attached to play legendary rocker Janis Joplin in the biopic Janis Joplin: Get It While You Can, which Lee Daniels is in negotiations to direct. First time feature screenwriters Ron Terry (who is also producing) and Theresa Kounin-Terry penned the script. [THR]
• Tom Hardy is attached to an untitled drama about an ex-special forces soldier who tries to stop illegal poaching in Zimbabwe. Sheldon Turner (Up in the Air) is penning the script, with Hardy, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Tobey Maguire among the producers. The trio of actors is also keen on a separate film that also tackles the poaching industry from a Traffic-like ensemble perspective, but no writer is yet set for that project. [Deadline]
• John Leguizamo is in talks to costar with Ice Cube and Kevin Hart in Ride Along, a comedy about a teacher who accompanies a cop — who is also his fiancée’s brother — on a day’s patrol. Leguizamo would play an undercover police officer. Tim Story (Think Like a Man) is directing. [Variety]
Casting Net: Christoph Waltz will play Gorbachev to Michael Douglas’s Reagan. Plus: Jim Carrey, Mike Epps, Jai Courtney
Casting Net: Ewan McGregor to star in heist thriller ‘Son of a Gun.’ Plus: Penelope Cruz, Ryan Reynolds, James Franco
Casting Net: Julianne Moore going ‘Non Stop’ with Liam Neeson. Plus: Chris Hemsworth, Jamie Foxx, Michelle Williams
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Walking Dead' recap: 'Strangers'
- 'Once Upon a Time'; 'Revenge'; 'The Affair'; 'Homeland'; more TV recaps
- 'Good Wife'; 'Boardwalk Empire'; 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine'; more TV recaps
- Walking Dead': Steven Yeun talks Glenn, Maggie, Tara, and Terminus
- 'Walking Dead': Michael Cudlitz on Abraham's big push to get to D.C.
- 'Manhattan' season finale: Series boss Sam Shaw answers burning Q's
- 'The Simpsons': 25 best 'Treehouse of Horror' segments
- Nicholas Sparks movies: As ridiculous as you think they are?