• After the unlikely duo paired up for 2010’s The Other Guys, Mark Wahlberg and Will Ferrell are in talks to co-star in Daddy’s Home, which could begin production as early as this fall. The film pits an eager stepfather (Ferrell) against a wild biological father (Wahlberg), as both compete for the love of the children in question. Vince Vaughn was previously circling the pic when Etan Cohen was attached to direct. We’re the Millers scribes Sean Anders and John Morris (who are directing Horrible Bosses 2) are now the likely directors. [Deadline] READ FULL STORY
Tag: Rose Byrne (1-10 of 15)
Most parents would do anything to protect their children from danger. In Neighbors, that danger takes the form of a discarded used condom on a young couple’s front lawn, and the offending party is the raucous fraternity — led by an ab-fab Zac Efron — that just moved in next door. Seth Rogen and Bridemaids‘ Rose Byrne play the young suburban couple whose lives are upended by the frat’s 24-hour antics. And as it turns out, the tit-for-tat battle of wills and pranks that ensues might be the season’s funniest comedy.
Director Nicholas Stoller (Forgetting Sarah Marshall) is back in an R-rated groove — after co-writing two Muppets movies — and Neighbors has the polish and personnel of a Judd Apatow joint (though the Knocked Up filmmaker is not involved). There’s Rogen, playing a new dad who can’t help but look longingly at the fun going on next door. There’s Dave Franco and McLovin himself, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, playing oddly-talented members of the fraternity. And there’s the delightfully surprising Byrne, who plays a young mother struggling with her new role at home with a baby. In fact, though she’s surrounded by larger comic personae, Byrne — who proved she could do comedy in 2011’s Bridesmaids — marks her own territory. “Speaking in her native Aussie twang, Byrne shows that she’s a deadpan comic ace,” writes EW’s Chris Nashawaty. “And thanks to her chemistry with Rogen, Neighbors proves that just because you grow up doesn’t mean you have to be a grown-up.”
Read Nashawaty’s entire review, as well as a round-up of other notable critics, below. READ FULL STORY
Living next door to Zac Efron sounds like the dream — but in this new, totally NSFW trailer for the upcoming comedy Neighbors, Seth Rogen doesn’t think it’s all it’s cracked up to be.
As previous trailers have revealed, Neighbors revolves around new parents Seth Rogen and Rose Byrne, who move to a neighborhood that’s nice and quiet — until a frat, led by Efron, set up camp next door. Since by now you probably know the movie’s premise, this trailer, naturally, focuses on the hijinks, pranks, and all-out debauchery that follow that ill-fated move.
Watch below, and ponder when exactly Rogen became “the old guy who wants quiet” as opposed to “the guy encouraging another keg stand — stat”: READ FULL STORY
What goes well with a house full of 50 fraternity brothers? Well, other than booze, hazing, and women … not much.
In the newest trailer for Neighbors, Seth Rogen and Rose Byrne play a quiet married couple who spend their days dressing their daughter up as TV characters for a calendar shoot. But when a fraternity moves in next door, their lives become a lot less about calendars and a lot more about parties, pranks, and one very unfortunate incident involving a condom. With Zac Efron and Dave Franco as neighbors, things are about to get a little crazy.
Watch the latest trailer below:
READ FULL STORY
Casting Net: Jake Gyllenhaal in talks for boxing pic; Plus, Christopher Walken to play Lenny Kravitz's dad, more
• Jake Gyllenhaal, who has been widely praised for his recent performance in Prisoners, is in talks to team up with Antoine Fuqua (Training Day) for the boxing pic Southpaw. Sons of Anarchy creator Kurt Sutter was hired to write the script, which tells the story of a disgraced title-winning fighter who tries to rehabilitate his image for the sake of his daughter. Eminem was attached to the role at one point. [The Wrap]
It’s fraternity versus family for Zac Efron and Seth Rogen in the new trailer for their upcoming comedy Neighbors.
Following the release of a red-band trailer last month, the latest preview shows a young couple (Rogen and Rose Byrne) trying to remain hip and cool after the birth of their first baby when a frat, led by Efron, moves in next door. A newborn baby and beer pong: What could possibly go wrong?
Looking at the trailer below, plenty. Beware of fireworks and flying balls when the film is released May 9, 2014.
READ FULL STORY
• Brie Larson, who has had a breakout year with leading and supporting roles in Short Term 12, The Spectacular Now, and Don Jon, is in talks to join Mark Wahlberg in the remake of The Gambler, the 1974 James Caan starrer that was loosely inspired by a the Dostoyevsky novella. It’s still very early in the process, but Larson would take on the role of a student who Wahlberg’s Jim Bennett, a literature professor, is in love with. Rupert Wyatt, who worked with Wahlberg on Rise of the Planet of the Apes, is set to direct. Oscar winner William Monahan (The Departed) is penning the script. [Deadline]
READ FULL STORY
Director James Wan is having a busy year. His period-piece horror film The Conjuring opens in July. His Fast & Furious movie opens next July. In between those two movies, he’s releasing Insidious: Chapter 2, the sequel to 2011’s ridiculously profitable spooky-family thriller. The trailer for the sequel just hit the web. And it is crazy. Like, there are a lot of things popping out of a lot of places, and Patrick Wilson is looking more than a little unhinged. And look! It’s that Iron Man 3 kid again! Watch the trailer: READ FULL STORY
• Cameron Diaz is in early talks to reunite with her Bad Teacher team, including co-star Jason Segel and director Jake Kasdan (New Girl, Orange County) for the Sony Pictures comedy Sex Tape. The story is about a married couple who makes a sex tape that goes missing by the morning. The Back-Up Plan scribe Kate Angelo wrote the script. [The Wrap]
• Will Smith is making moves. First news broke that he was in final talks to star in Focus from the directors of Crazy Stupid Love, then After Earth got an earlier release date, and now he may be ready to line up a few more projects. Deadline reports that Smith is hoping that Edward Zwick (Blood Diamond) might direct him in American Can, the true story of a Gulf War veteran who ends up helping a group of seniors stranded in New Orleans in the immediate aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. He’s also considering the thriller The Accountant about a government bureaucrat who doubles as an assassin. [Deadline]
American audiences hungry for more British comedy and more of Bridesmaids actress Rose Byrne, are in for a treat: I Give It a Year, which stars Byrne and Rafe Spall (One Day), has secured a U.S. distributor. Magnolia Pictures will release the film in the U.S. later this year.
I Give It a Year features Byrne and Spall as a couple that no one believes will last — not their families, not their friends, not even their minister. Where other romantic comedies would begin rolling the credits, I Give It a Year picks up on the realities — and the hilarities — of a marriage start to sink in.
READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Good Wife' season premiere recap: 'The Line'
- 'Boardwalk Empire'; 'Masters of Sex'; 'Real Housewives of N.J.'; 'Outlander'; 'Doctor Who': TV recaps
- 'Maze Runner' is No. 1 movie: $32.5M
- 'Madam Secretary' series premiere: A diplomatic debut for Tea Leoni
- 'Sleepy Hollow' sneak peek: Ichabod Crane meets a naked Ben Franklin
- 'Game of Thrones': Charles Dance offers a season 5 tease
- Lucy Lawless on the 'ragtag bunch' she brings to 'Agents of SHIELD'; watch a sneak peek
- 10 essential graphic novels that have faced bans and challenges