• Steve Martin and Jennifer Lopez will lend their voices to DreamWorks Animation’s alien invasion comedy Home, based on Adam Rex’s children’s book The True Meaning of Smekday. Rihanna voices the main character, Gratuity Tucci (or Tip), whose mother (Lopez) was abducted by the Boov (aka aliens). Martin will voice Captain Smek, their leader, who is attempting to force all the humans to relocate to Florida. Jim Parsons will voice a Boov (coincidentally) called J.Lo, who befriends Tip. [The Wrap]
Tag: Sean Bean (1-4 of 4)
Lana and Andy Wachowski’s next film Jupiter Ascending has set a release date of July 25, 2014. Mila Kunis, Channing Tatum, Eddie Redmayne, and Sean Bean have all been cast in the film.
Although no official plot details have been released, the film reportedly is about a time in the future where humans are one of the least evolved species. Vulture reported last year that Kunis would be playing a Russian immigrant who is dangerous to those in power because she has “genetic makeup” matching the queen’s and Tatum would play her bounty-hunter turned lover.
But for all we know, the film could be like the Wachowskis’ last joint, Cloud Atlas, and just be about everything.
Casting Net: Sean Bean teams up with the Wachowskis; Plus Paul Walker is ‘Agent 47′, Felicity Jones, Morena Baccarin, and more
Wachowskis to descend back into action sci-fi with ‘Jupiter Ascending’
Mila Kunis gets a lesson in U.K. pub culture in awkward-yet-charming BBC interview
Casting Net: Sean Bean teams up with the Wachowskis; Plus Paul Walker is 'Agent 47', Felicity Jones, Morena Baccarin, and more
• Sean Bean (Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings) has signed on to star in Lana and Andy Wachowski’s next film, Jupiter Ascending as “a Han Solo-type.” The English actor will join Channing Tatum, Mila Kunis, and Eddie Redmayne in the film, reportedly about galaxies, a bounty hunter, a toilet-scrubbing Russian immigrant (Kunis), and DNA. [Deadline]
• [UPDATED] Paul Walker (The Fast and the Furious) has been tapped to star as the cloned super-assassin Agent 47 in a reboot of 2007’s Hitman. Skip Woods, who wrote the screenplay for Hitman (based on the video game), will be responsible for writing this film as well. Commercial director Aleksander Bach is set to direct Agent 47, which will shoot this summer in Berlin and Singapore. [Deadline]
• [UPDATED] Michael Keaton has been confirmed to join the new DreamWorks film, Need for Speed alongside Aaron Paul, Kid Cudi, and Dominic Cooper. Based on the video game of the same name, the film follows a street racer forced to go on the run. Keaton “will play the reclusive and eccentric host of an underground supercar race where he invites the best drivers from around the world.” [THR]
• Like Crazy actress Felicity Jones will join James Franco and Jonah Hill in True Story, an adaptation of New York Times Magazine contributor Michael Finkel’s memoir – a strange In Cold Blood-style tale. After being fired from the magazine for creating a false, composite character for a story, Finkel (Hill) begins to investigate Christian Longo (Franco), a man wanted for allegedly killing his family, who’d also taken on a new name and identity: Michael Finkel. [Deadline]
Casting Net: Cynthia Nixon set to play poet Emily Dickinson. Plus: Sean Bean, Tom Wilkinson, Peter Facinelli
• Cynthia Nixon is attached to play Emily Dickinson in A Quiet Passion, a biopic about the life of the solitary poet whose thousands of poems were almost exclusively published after she died. Director Terence Davies (House of Mirth, The Deep Blue Sea) also penned the screenplay. [THR]
• Sean Bean will star in the thriller Scorched Earth, a post-apocalyptic thriller about a bounty hunter (Bean) hunting for a master criminal. Brad Turner (Fox’s 24) will direct from a script by Bobby Mort and Kevin Leeson. [Deadline]
• Tom Wilkinson will costar with Joel Edgerton in Felony, about a cop (Edgerton) who lies about a car accident involving him and a kid on a bicycle. Edgerton also penned the screenplay, which Australian TV director Matthew Saville will helm. [Variety]
• Peter Facinelli (The Twilight Saga, Showtime’s Nurse Jackie) will star in the horror film Gallows Hill, about an American family in Columbia who find themselves at a creepy inn with a girl held captive in the basement. Sophia Myles (Underworld) and Nathalia Ramos (Nickelodeon’s House of Anubis) costar. Victor Garcia (Hellraiser: Revelations) is directing from a script by David D’Ovidio. [THR]
Casting Net: Nic Cage is ‘Joe’ and Heather Locklear gets ‘Scary’. Plus: Alec Baldwin, Tom Felton, Juno Temple, more
Casting Net: Bruce Willis aiming to play CIA agent in ‘American Assassin.’ Plus: Chris Evans, Michelle Monaghan, Christopher Plummer
Casting Net: Michael Fassbender set to play rock star in ‘Frank.’ Plus: Jim Carrey joins ‘Kick-Ass 2′
Latest Videos in Movies
- Taylor Swift's '1989' review: Losing herself in 'pop'?
- Chiwetel Ejiofor signs on for Ridley Scott's 'The Martian'
- Archie Comics as a Fox TV series? Why 'Riverdale' might surprise us
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' teaser poster revealed
- 'Into the Woods' featurette: Go behind the scenes with Johnny Depp, Meryl Streep, and Co.
- Brad Pitt talks 'Fury' (or is that 'Furry'?) on 'Between Two Ferns'
- 'Into the Woods' First Look: New photos, concept art, and inside dish
- 'Revenge' sneak peek: Tattoo guy makes David Clarke a marked man
- 'Game of Thrones' season 5 rumors debunked
- Zach Galifianakis gets a little too real with Brad Pitt on 'Between Two Ferns'
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer is here: What we learned
- This week's cover: 'Into the Woods' enchants EW's holiday movie preview
- 'Into the Woods': Go behind the scenes with Meryl Streep, Johnny Depp, and more