If you’re a fan of NBC sitcoms, then you’ll definitely want to watch the promo for Nick Offerman’s movie Somebody Up There Likes Me, which features Community‘s Alison Brie, Parks & Recreation‘s Adam Scott and Amy Poehler, and Offerman’s Parks & Rec ex-wife/real-world still-wife Megan Mullally. And they’re all doing terrible, weird, wild things. What things you ask? Let’s just say it involves a folksy ode to marijuana, lady parts, and maybe John Cassavetes. Why not? Also, they turn Nick Offerman into a bong. Watch the video below (then take a shower). READ FULL STORY
Tag: Somebody Up There Likes Me (1-2 of 2)
No, writer/director Bob Byington’s Somebody Up There Likes Me doesn’t have anything to do with the 1956 Paul Newman sports drama that shares its name. It does, however, star a bearded Nick Offerman (of Parks and Recreation fame) as a jaded waiter who cautions his young protegee (Keith Poulson) not to jump headfirst into marriage with a co-worker (Jess Weixler). The kid, naturally, doesn’t listen.
The Hollywood Reporter likened the movie to “a Todd Solondz film directed by Wes Anderson” last summer, and from the trailer, it’s easy to see what that reviewer meant. The whole cater-waiter thing also gives Somebody a whiff of Party Down, though that might just be because Offerman’s wife Megan Mullally also appears in the movie (albeit not as a waitress). See the sitcom star play the indie version of Ron Swanson below:
Latest Videos in Movies
- Ryan Murphy reveals an 'American Horror Story' secret: Seasons 'are all connected'
- 'Bad Judge,' 'A to Z' to be canceled by NBC
- 'Interstellar' review: Awe-fully sappy
- Billy Bob Thornton's 'Big Bang Theory' cameo: How it happened
- Halloween 2014: EW's favorite celebrity costumes
- 'Scandal,' 'Walking Dead, 'Blacklist,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Clive Barker is back from the dead--and his 'Nightbreed' is reborn
- 13 movie creeps: Harmless to horrifying