If you’re a fan of NBC sitcoms, then you’ll definitely want to watch the promo for Nick Offerman’s movie Somebody Up There Likes Me, which features Community‘s Alison Brie, Parks & Recreation‘s Adam Scott and Amy Poehler, and Offerman’s Parks & Rec ex-wife/real-world still-wife Megan Mullally. And they’re all doing terrible, weird, wild things. What things you ask? Let’s just say it involves a folksy ode to marijuana, lady parts, and maybe John Cassavetes. Why not? Also, they turn Nick Offerman into a bong. Watch the video below (then take a shower). READ FULL STORY
Tag: Somebody Up There Likes Me (1-2 of 2)
No, writer/director Bob Byington’s Somebody Up There Likes Me doesn’t have anything to do with the 1956 Paul Newman sports drama that shares its name. It does, however, star a bearded Nick Offerman (of Parks and Recreation fame) as a jaded waiter who cautions his young protegee (Keith Poulson) not to jump headfirst into marriage with a co-worker (Jess Weixler). The kid, naturally, doesn’t listen.
The Hollywood Reporter likened the movie to “a Todd Solondz film directed by Wes Anderson” last summer, and from the trailer, it’s easy to see what that reviewer meant. The whole cater-waiter thing also gives Somebody a whiff of Party Down, though that might just be because Offerman’s wife Megan Mullally also appears in the movie (albeit not as a waitress). See the sitcom star play the indie version of Ron Swanson below:
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Vampire Diaries,' 'Once Upon a Time,' 'Castle,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'The Maze Runner' review: Something W.C.K.D. this way comes
- Janet Jackson's 'Rhythm Nation 1814' at 25: The blueprint for modern R&B's golden age
- 'Super Smash Bros.': The best/worst thing ever to happen to Nintendo
- Salma Hayek in 'Everly': Director Joe Lynch on making 'Die Hard'-in-a-room
- 'Once Upon a Time' boss on 'Frozen' references: 'We want it to feel organic'
- 'Gotham' up, 'Selfie' down? Insiders predict fall TV rookie prospects
- Fall TV 2014: EW critics pick 6 new series to watch