If you’re a fan of NBC sitcoms, then you’ll definitely want to watch the promo for Nick Offerman’s movie Somebody Up There Likes Me, which features Community‘s Alison Brie, Parks & Recreation‘s Adam Scott and Amy Poehler, and Offerman’s Parks & Rec ex-wife/real-world still-wife Megan Mullally. And they’re all doing terrible, weird, wild things. What things you ask? Let’s just say it involves a folksy ode to marijuana, lady parts, and maybe John Cassavetes. Why not? Also, they turn Nick Offerman into a bong. Watch the video below (then take a shower). READ FULL STORY
Tag: Somebody Up There Likes Me (1-2 of 2)
No, writer/director Bob Byington’s Somebody Up There Likes Me doesn’t have anything to do with the 1956 Paul Newman sports drama that shares its name. It does, however, star a bearded Nick Offerman (of Parks and Recreation fame) as a jaded waiter who cautions his young protegee (Keith Poulson) not to jump headfirst into marriage with a co-worker (Jess Weixler). The kid, naturally, doesn’t listen.
The Hollywood Reporter likened the movie to “a Todd Solondz film directed by Wes Anderson” last summer, and from the trailer, it’s easy to see what that reviewer meant. The whole cater-waiter thing also gives Somebody a whiff of Party Down, though that might just be because Offerman’s wife Megan Mullally also appears in the movie (albeit not as a waitress). See the sitcom star play the indie version of Ron Swanson below:
Latest Videos in Movies
- Turkeys! 50 remarkable pop-culture flops
- 'Red Band Society' production halted after 13 episodes
- 'Survivor'; 'Red Band Society'; 'Kingdom'; more TV recaps
- 'Survivor': 3 Q's for Jeff Probst (plus a tease and deleted scene)
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': New photos introduce us to Christian's mom, dad, and sister
- 'Making of Peter Pan Live': 5 things we learned
- 'Arrow' preview: Laurel dresses the part of Black Canary, but 'a mask does not a hero make'
- 'Voice' winner Josh Kaufman on his acrobatic Broadway debut in 'Pippin'