If you’re a fan of NBC sitcoms, then you’ll definitely want to watch the promo for Nick Offerman’s movie Somebody Up There Likes Me, which features Community‘s Alison Brie, Parks & Recreation‘s Adam Scott and Amy Poehler, and Offerman’s Parks & Rec ex-wife/real-world still-wife Megan Mullally. And they’re all doing terrible, weird, wild things. What things you ask? Let’s just say it involves a folksy ode to marijuana, lady parts, and maybe John Cassavetes. Why not? Also, they turn Nick Offerman into a bong. Watch the video below (then take a shower). READ FULL STORY
Tag: Somebody Up There Likes Me (1-2 of 2)
No, writer/director Bob Byington’s Somebody Up There Likes Me doesn’t have anything to do with the 1956 Paul Newman sports drama that shares its name. It does, however, star a bearded Nick Offerman (of Parks and Recreation fame) as a jaded waiter who cautions his young protegee (Keith Poulson) not to jump headfirst into marriage with a co-worker (Jess Weixler). The kid, naturally, doesn’t listen.
The Hollywood Reporter likened the movie to “a Todd Solondz film directed by Wes Anderson” last summer, and from the trailer, it’s easy to see what that reviewer meant. The whole cater-waiter thing also gives Somebody a whiff of Party Down, though that might just be because Offerman’s wife Megan Mullally also appears in the movie (albeit not as a waitress). See the sitcom star play the indie version of Ron Swanson below:
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Into the Woods'/Holiday Movie Preview: See 4 EW collector's covers
- 'Sons of Anarchy' recap: 'Greensleeves'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' director Paris Barclay talks 'Greensleeves': 'I'm screaming, More pain!'
- Disney animated films: Best/worst
- Nina Dobrev's crossover to 'The Originals': 5 new photos
- 'The Flash'; 'Agents of SHIELD'; 'The Voice'; 'Supernatural'; 'Marry Me'; more TV recaps
- First canceled show of 2014? Why networks are slow to drop ax this year
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Inbar Lavi on Jax-Winsome chemistry and her return