If you’re a fan of NBC sitcoms, then you’ll definitely want to watch the promo for Nick Offerman’s movie Somebody Up There Likes Me, which features Community‘s Alison Brie, Parks & Recreation‘s Adam Scott and Amy Poehler, and Offerman’s Parks & Rec ex-wife/real-world still-wife Megan Mullally. And they’re all doing terrible, weird, wild things. What things you ask? Let’s just say it involves a folksy ode to marijuana, lady parts, and maybe John Cassavetes. Why not? Also, they turn Nick Offerman into a bong. Watch the video below (then take a shower). READ FULL STORY
Tag: Somebody Up There Likes Me (1-2 of 2)
No, writer/director Bob Byington’s Somebody Up There Likes Me doesn’t have anything to do with the 1956 Paul Newman sports drama that shares its name. It does, however, star a bearded Nick Offerman (of Parks and Recreation fame) as a jaded waiter who cautions his young protegee (Keith Poulson) not to jump headfirst into marriage with a co-worker (Jess Weixler). The kid, naturally, doesn’t listen.
The Hollywood Reporter likened the movie to “a Todd Solondz film directed by Wes Anderson” last summer, and from the trailer, it’s easy to see what that reviewer meant. The whole cater-waiter thing also gives Somebody a whiff of Party Down, though that might just be because Offerman’s wife Megan Mullally also appears in the movie (albeit not as a waitress). See the sitcom star play the indie version of Ron Swanson below:
Latest Videos in Movies
- Meg Ryan joins 'How I Met Your Dad' as narrator
- 'John From Cincinnati': Why not ready for Prime time?
- 'Jurassic World' First Look: 3 new photos
- 'Mean Girls' star comes out in letter to his character
- 'Orange Is the New Black': Watch how season 2 starts
- 'Parks and Rec' finale: Watch the opening scene
- 'Reign': Watch Bash's first sex scene
- 'Orange Is the New Black' is on the new EW cover
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show' 633
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'There isn't a single episode of television I've written that I don't wish I could get back and do again' 492
- Slaves to Love 462
- The Man Who Could Not Stand Still 507
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes 381
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'I feel like I'm just now starting to learn how to write it' -- LISTEN
- 'Friends' creators Marta Kauffman and David Crane look back at the finale -- and why they won't do a reunion show
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show'
- HBO makes huge Amazon Prime deal: See which shows are going online
- Courteney Cox shuts down talk of 'Friends' reunion on 'Letterman' -- VIDEO