Andrew Garfield and director Marc Webb, who combined to put a new spin on the Spider-Man movie franchise this summer, will return for the sequel. The Amazing Spider-Man, which rebooted the franchise just five years after Sam Raimi concluded his trilogy with Tobey Maguire, grossed more than $750 million at the global box office. “We could not be more confident in the direction we are taking this new Spider-Man storyline and we are tremendously excited to be ramping up production again with Marc at the helm and Andrew continuing on as Peter Parker,” said Doug Belgrad, president of Columbia Pictures, in a statement. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Spider (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Terminator: Genisys': Meet the main characters/cast in EW exclusive portraits
- 'Scandal': Bellamy Young on the end of Smelly Mellie (and what's coming next)
- 'Call of Duty' trailer reunites 'Friday Night Lights' team of Taylor Kitsch and Peter Berg
- 'Portlandia' sneak peek: Putting the fun in funerals (jackals welcome)
- Alyssa Milano previews 'Project Runway All Stars'
- 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies': First Look at the Bennet sisters
- 'Vampire Diaries': Chris Wood on why Kai is the show's Ted Bundy
- Danity Kane's surprisingly weird 'DK3' is too good to ignore
- Children of the Revolution: An exclusive first look at 'Terminator: Genisys'
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' star joins Kevin Williamson's CBS drama pilot
- Lily Rabe to appear on 'American Horror Story: Freak Show,' reprise 'Asylum' role
- 'Game of Thrones' cast signs on for 7th season, for a reportedly 'huge' raise
- Videogame face-off: 'FIFA 10' vs. 'NBA2K10'