Inside Movies Breaking Movie News and Scoops | Movie Reviews

Tag: Star Wars: Episode VII (1-10 of 42)

'Star Wars: Episode VII' resumes shooting after Harrison Ford injury

Han Solo is back in the cockpit.

Star Wars: Episode VII has officially resumed shooting at Pinewood Studios outside of London after taking a brief hiatus due to the on-set accident that broke Harrison Ford’s leg on June 12. Since his character is a major part of the Episode VII story, this caused massive upheaval for the film schedule, which had to be reshuffled in the midst of production while the 72-year-old star recuperated.

As part of that reorganization, photography was placed on hold for two weeks this month, but the entire cast and crew returned to the U.K. this week and the film is officially going, well … full Force, according to sources close to the project.

READ FULL STORY

Does 'Star Wars: Episode VII' have a spy problem?

Death-Star-Return-of-the-Jedi.jpg

Uh-oh, Chewie. The Millennium Falcon has sprung a few leaks.

Someone with access to the set of Star Wars: Episode VII has been sending out snapshots of concept art and props, breaking the Force-field of secrecy on that movie — if they turn out to be true. Lucasfilm and parent company Disney did not respond to requests about their veracity.

Here’s a roundup of what’s causing a stir among the spoiler-seekers: READ FULL STORY

A galaxy faraway, so close: Adam Driver on the intimacy of 'Star Wars: Episode VII'

We promised him up front: No Jedi mind tricks. But when EW interviewed Adam Driver for our Fall Movie Preview, we couldn’t help but slip him a few questions about his work on Star Wars: Episode VII.

Although he couldn’t confirm this, multiple sources close to the Star Wars follow-up have already told EW that Driver will be playing a villain, a threat to both veteran players (Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, and Carrie Fisher) and the cast’s newcomers.

“Doing Star Wars now—that’s surreal,” Driver volunteers. “I feel like that even with this cast. You start by try to stamp [that feeling] down as much as possible, just focus on what it is that you are there to do… Easier said than done.”

The guy from Girls is in four movies playing next month at the Toronto International Film Festival—including a breakthrough role opposite Tina Fey, Jason Bateman, and Jane Fonda in director Shawn Levy’s This Is Where I Leave You. Driver, 30, co-stars as Phillip, the charismatic, playboy baby-brother of a family in mourning. He wants them to see him as a grown-up, even though he isn’t above using some childish tactics to get attention (and get his way).

After talking about that role and the half-dozen others he has in the pipeline, EW ventured off into galactic territory. READ FULL STORY

'Star Wars: Episode VII' chooses its walk-on winner

STAR-WARS-UNICEF

Ponda Boba, IG-88, Willrow Hood, Lobot … Now you can add D.C. Barns to the list of Star Wars background figures.

The Denver resident is the winner of the “Force For Change” contest, which raffled a walk-on role in the upcoming Star Wars: Episode VII to a fan who donated to the cause. Director J.J. Abrams tweeted the message above, thanking those who contributed, and apparently revealing yet another glimpse into what awaits moviegoers on Dec. 18, 2015. (BadassDigest reported some plot details last month that suggested a severed hand falling from space.)

Below is the video a video of Barns, a lifelong fan of the franchise, getting the news that he’s now a part of it. It literally knocks him back in his chair (and after Harrison Ford’s broken leg, this production doesn’t need any more cast injuries.) READ FULL STORY

X-Wing marks the spot in new 'Star Wars: Episode VII' set video

x-wing.jpg

A few weeks ago, J.J. Abrams offered fans a chance to win a walk-on role in the new Star Wars movie, and as that contest draws to a close he has unveiled a new clip from the set—this time showing off another old favorite from the galaxy.

It’s a post-Empire X-Wing fighter, dented and battle-burned. It’s even clear that pilot fashions haven’t changed much since the Return of the Jedi days.

READ FULL STORY

'Star Wars: Episode VII' Update: Two newcomers added to cast

STAR-WARS-CAST.jpg

The Star Wars universe continues to expand …

Lucasfilm has just announced two new cast members of J.J. Abrams’ Star Wars: Episode VII, recruited through an open casting call.

The studio also said once again that it is not shifting the movie’s Dec. 18, 2015 release date, despite a broken leg that has sidelined Han Solo actor Harrison Ford.

But first, a look at the newcomers…

READ FULL STORY

Harrison Ford broke leg, not ankle, on 'Star Wars: Episode VII' set

It wasn’t his ankle that Harrison Ford fractured on the set of Star Wars: Episode VII—it was actually a bone in his leg.

The word comes as part of a new announcement from Ford’s publicist, Ina Treciokas, that has revealed that surgery was necessary to repair the damage. READ FULL STORY

Harrison Ford suffers minor injury on 'Star Wars' set

Han Solo just got hurt. But he’s going to be okay.

This just in from the Star Wars: Episode VII set:

Harrison Ford has injured his ankle while shooting the movie and was taken to a nearby hospital for evaluation.

Sources close to the project say that doctors are currently evaluating whether it is a sprain or a break. It is not considered to be a seriously debilitating injury.

READ FULL STORY

'Chronicle' filmmaker Josh Trank directing 'Star Wars' spin-off

Man, this is one crowded galaxy …

While J.J. Abrams toils at Episode VII, launching a whole new trilogy of Star Wars films set three decades after the fall of the Empire and Darth Vader in Return of the Jedi, two other spin-off movies are also in the works.

High-level sources have previously told EW that one will be a story about young Han Solo, while the other will focus on the bounty hunter Boba Fett. Godzilla filmmaker Gareth Edwards is directing one, and now we know who will be handling the other — Chronicle director Josh Trank

We just don’t know who is doing which — or if the deal has been altered further, and we’ll be getting stories from totally new characters in the Star Wars universe. READ FULL STORY

'Star Wars: Episode VII': J.J. Abrams reacts to leaked set photos

Bad-Robot.jpg

J.J. Abrams has taken to Twitter to comment on photos recently leaked from the set of his upcoming space epic, which otherwise has had its deflector shields up. (Details on the film’s plot, characters, and setting are still scarce.)

The director addressed the situation with a sense of humor, speaking to true Star Wars geeks with a joke that only they would get. READ FULL STORY

Latest Videos in Movies

Advertisement

From Our Partners

TV Recaps

Powered by WordPress.com VIP