Susan Boyle, the eccentric British woman who became a worldwide sensation after singing “I Dreamed a Dream” on Britain’s Got Talent in 2009, will make her movie debut in The Christmas Candle, a family film based on Max Lucardo’s book about the Christmas miracles that occur every 25 years in a small candle-lit English village since 1890. Boyle will appear in the ensemble movie, and of course, her voice is featured prominently. Her new single, “Miracle Hymn,” from her upcoming holiday album, Home for Christmas, serves as the film’s anthem. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Susan Boyle (1-2 of 2)
Without Susan Boyle, the Les Miserables movie might never have happened, according to theater producer Cameron Mackintosh. Mackintosh, who spearheaded the global Les Miz phenomenon (and is one of the film’s producers), says Boyle’s enormous worldwide success after wowing Britain’s Got Talent with her rendition of “I Dreamed a Dream” in 2009 had a lot to do with the movie getting made.
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Survivor' recap: John Rocker gets rocked
- Fall TV poll: First canceled show of 2014?
- 9 best animated TV series drawn from comics
- 'How to Get Away with Murder': Odds each of 10 suspects is a killer
- 'AHS: Freak Show' unveils creepy, stop-motion title sequence
- 'Once Upon a Time' sneak peek: Storybrooke's on thin ice with Elsa
- 'Top Chef Duels'; 'Red Band Society': Wednesday TV recaps
- Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder talk 'Vampire Diaries': 'Eerily deceiving and odd' grief
- 'The Walking Dead' star Emily Kinney says there's 'definitely a connection' between Beth and Daryl 503
- 'Go Big or Go Home' 357
- 'Find Your Muse' 289
- The 'Simpsons'/'Family Guy' crossover is one of the most fascinatingly weird things to ever happen to television 325
- 'Saturday Night Live' premiere recap: This is the start of something new (and odd) 251
- On the Books: Harry Potter collector sets Guinness World Record
- Which new fall show will be canceled first?
- 'Sons of Anarchy' guest star Walton Goggins on that Venus-Tig moment
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Kurt Sutter, cast talk 'Poor Little Lambs' ending
- Ryan Murphy debuts creepy, stop-motion 'AHS: Freak Show' main titles