• It’s a Frat Pack reunion: Vince Vaughn is set to join Old School co-star Will Ferrell in the Paramount comedy Daddy’s Home. Ferrell is expected to star in the movie, which he’s producing with frequent collaborator Adam McKay (Anchorman, The Other Guys). Etan Cohen (yes, Etan, not Oscar-winning dark comedy filmmaker Ethan Cohen) will make his feature directorial debut with the project. Cohen’s screenwriting credits include Tropic Thunder and Men in Black 3. Ferrell will play a mild-mannered radio exec whose life gets turned upside down when his wife’s freeloading ex-husband (Vaughn) re-enters the picture and he must vie for his step-children’s affections. [Variety] READ FULL STORY
Tag: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1-4 of 4)
• Tom Cruise is attached to star in an adaptation of Chohel Kamayashi’s Japanese sci-fi series Yukikaze. In the first book, when a porthole to another dimension opens up over Antarctica, hostile aliens (known as the JAM) start pouring through and a special combat force is created to force the JAM back through the porthole. The story revolves around Second Lieutenant Rei Fukai, who must travel solo through the passageway to gather as much information on the JAM as he can. “Yukikaze” refers to the call sign for his fighter plane, his only companion. Warner Bros. acquired the series and will distribute the film as well. Cruise is coming off of a particularly good weekend with the $61 million international opening for Oblivion and is probably even more eager for Doug Liman’s sci-fi pic All You Need is Kill to hit theaters on March 7, 2014. Cruise is also still in talks to star in an adaptation of the 60s television show The Man From U.N.C.L.E. [Deadline]
Casting Net: Will Arnett joins 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles'; Plus, Amy Adams, Christoph Waltz, Jim Sturgess, more
• The Michael Bay-produced Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles has found another star. Will Arnett (Up All Night) has signed onto the film. Megan Fox created quite a stir last month when she signed onto the movie for the role of April O’Neil, the Turtles’ human friend. It has not yet been revealed who Arnett will play, though THR reports that he is not playing Casey Jones, another character from the 1980s comics that will be cast later. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is set for a June 6, 2014 release date. [THR]
• Things are coming together for the long-in-development Weinstein Company project Big Eyes. For the film, the Bob and Harvey Weinstein-run outfit, a perennial favorite during awards season, has scooped up some Oscar-friendly talent. Christoph Waltz, who won this year’s Best Supporting Actor Oscar for Django Unchained, and Amy Adams, nominated for The Master, will play the film’s leads, Walter and Margaret Keane. Big Eyes is based on the real-life story of the Keane couple, whose kitsch paintings of big-eyed children gained popularity in the ’50s and ’60s. Today it was also announced that Tim Burton will direct. [Deadline]
READ FULL STORY
Looks like you’ll have a little longer to work on your Raphael costume. Paramount Pictures has pushed the release date of the Michael Bay Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles reboot (where they’re all aliens) to June 6, 2014, EW has confirmed. The movie was originally scheduled for release on May 16, 2014.
It’s been a controversial road for Bay’s reboot, with many fans remaining worried about his changes from the original show. The project also made headlines after Megan Fox was cast in the role of April O’Neil. Some PopWatchers believed that Anna Kendrick would be better for the role, but sadly we were not consulted.
The movie now comes out just one week before the cautiously-anticipated Jurassic Park 4.
Four reasons why Megan Fox will make a great April O’Neil in ‘TMNT’
12 Lies the ‘Ninja Turtles’ Told Us
‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ reboot gets new title: ‘Just give them a chance’ pleads Michael Bay
Latest Videos in Movies
- Chris Harrison's 'Bachelor' blog: 'After the Final Rose'
- 'Veronica Mars': 10 essential episodes
- 'Flash': First look at full-body costume
- Justin Bieber: 'Ordinary People' dance with Selena?
- Jaimie Alexander previews 'Agents of SHIELD'
- President Obama goes 'Between Two Ferns'
- SXSW Music 2014: 20 on the verge
- 'Bachelor' finale recap: Bait and ditch