The Terminator is having a bad day. It’s a muggy July afternoon in New Orleans—the temperature is loitering in the triple digits—and Arnold Schwarzenegger is inside a giant warehouse on the grounds of NASA’s Michoud Assembly Facility. Suited up in a black leather jacket with green-painted latex obscuring most of the right side of his face, he is again playing the indelible robot that solidified his place in Hollywood some 30 years ago. So far today the former governor of California has been stepped on and forced to crawl on the ground, and now, as he gasps for breath fighting his opponent, he’s about to get transported to a different time—which, if you know anything about Terminator mythology, is a very bad thing. Especially if your metal endoskeleton is showing. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Terminator: Genesis (1-6 of 6)
On July 1st, 2015, he’ll be back. Finally?
While not much is known about the fifth Terminator movie yet, one thing that has been certain is Arnold Schwarzenegger’s return to the series that made him a household name. With the shoot now wrapped up, Schwarzenegger took the time to post a quick photo to his Instagram feed that revealed the title of the movie: Terminator: Genisys.
Genisys. Yes, Terminator: Genisys.
That’s never going to not look weird.
Matt Smith of Doctor Who fame will star in the next Terminator film. Skydance, which is producing the film with Paramount, tweeted the news earlier Friday, and the studio followed with confirmation. Smith will play a new character with a strong connection to anti-robot resistance fighter John Connor, now played by Zero Dark Thirty‘s Jason Clarke.
Game of Throne‘s Emilia Clarke plays Sarah Connor and Jai Courtney has been cast as Kyle Reese. Arnold Schwarzenegger is slated to be back — but, of course — joining newcomers J.K. Simmons, Dayo Okeniyi, and Byung Hun Lee. READ FULL STORY
• Guy Pearce (Iron Man 3) is currently in talks to star opposite Johnny Depp (Transcendence) in Warner Bros. upcoming crime drama, Black Mass. The film tells the story of famed Boston mob boss and FBI informant, Whitey Bulger (Depp), who uses his double status as a way of picking off any criminal competition. Pearce is currently in talks to play Bulger’s brother on the project which is being produced by Warner Bros. and Cross Creek. [Variety]
READ FULL STORY
• Meryl Streep (August: Osage County) is in talks to play political activist Emmeline Pankhurst in the upcoming women’s rights drama Suffragette, which also stars Inside Llewyn Davis‘ Cary Mulligan. Sarah Gavron (Brick Lane) will helm the drama about a woman named Maud (Mulligan) who becomes an instrumental figure to the early feminist movement. [The Wrap] READ FULL STORY
• Anne Hathaway (Les Miserables) is in talks to star alongside Robert De Niro in The Intern for director Nancy Meyers (It’s Complicated). Hathaway would play a high-powered executive who gets assigned a senior intern (De Niro). Reese Witherspoon was previously attached to the role when Warner Bros. signed on, but dropped out due to reported scheduling conflicts. After a quiet 2013 (release-wise), Hathaway can be seen next in Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar (Nov. 7). She also just enjoyed the premiere of Song One (release date TBD) at Sundance. [THR]
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Vampire Diaries' date night? Watch Damon ask Elena out in sneak peek
- 'Game of Thrones' creators watching the show in IMAX: Why it's 'the way it's really meant to be seen'
- Super Bowl matchup in Budweiser ad: Puppy vs. wolf (and the Clydesdales win)
- 'Party Down South' season 3 peek: Meet Hannah, the new hell-raiser
- 'Walking Dead': Daryl, Eugene, and Rosita super-intense in new photos
- Shonda Rhimes talks 'Grey's Anatomy': 'we need an infusion of men'
- 'Arrow' costar Katie Cassidy on suiting up as Black Canary: 'lucky, excited, grateful, thrilled'
- 'Parenthood': 10 best episodes
- 'Grey's Anatomy' boss teases new doctors and new relationships
- 'Arrow' star Katie Cassidy on suiting up as Black Canary: 'It's messy'
- 'Walking Dead' actor joins 'Criminal Minds' spinoff
- Daryl, Eugene, and Rosita look super-intense in new 'Walking Dead' photos -- exclusive
- Budweiser's Super Bowl ad again features adorable puppy, horses