The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 has been nominated in every single category — and twice in one of ‘em — of the 33rd Annual Golden Raspberry Awards, or Razzies. The full list of noms is below, along with a video presentation of them that should probably be nominated for its own Razzie. Cringe and enjoy! READ FULL STORY
Tag: That's My Boy (1-5 of 5)
Box office report: 'Madagascar 3' earns $35.5M, more than 'Rock of Ages' and 'That's My Boy' combined
A couple of high-profile openers couldn’t force the animals of Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted into their cages. The animated comedy topped the box office once again this weekend, while Rock of Ages and That’s My Boy delivered majorly disappointing debuts.
Dreamworks’ $145 million effort Madagascar 3 roared a second time following its $60.3 million start. The CG-animated film dipped 41 percent to $35.5 million this frame. That’s better than the second weekend decline of its predecessor, Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa, which fell by 45 percent and had earned a slightly softer $116.9 million at the same point in its run. Madagascar 3 has grossed $120.5 million over ten days, and is headed to a $180 million finish domestically. Worldwide, the 3-D film has grossed a robust $278 million, and will likely finish near $600 million. READ FULL STORY
Box office update: 'Madagascar 3' tops Friday with $10 million; 'Rock of Ages' and 'That's My Boy' disappoint
Dreamworks’ animated comedy Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted is headed to an easy weekend win at the box office following the poor opening Friday of newcomers Rock of Ages and That’s My Boy.
Madagascar 3 earned an estimated $10 million on Friday, putting it on pace for a $35 million sophomore weekend, which would give the $145 million title a ten-day total of about $120 million.
Prometheus will once again finish in second place this frame, but that doesn’t mean it’s holding up particularly well. Ridley Scott’s Alien prequel dropped by a an alarming 72 percent from last Friday to $5.8 million. It will recover a bit over the rest of the weekend, but Prometheus is still looking at a 62 percent drop to $19 million.
In third place, Rock of Ages flew like a rock, grossing a weak $5.4 million on its opening day. The $65 million musical may take in about $15 million. Of course, that will be better than Adam Sandler’s latest, That’s My Boy, which got off to an abysmal start with $4.6 million yesterday. Boy will be lucky to reach $13 million.
Snow White and the Huntsman rounded out the Top 5 with another $4 million, though it may climb past That’s My Boy over the rest of the frame.
1. Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted – $10 million
2. Prometheus – $5.8 million
3. Rock of Ages – $5.4 million
4. That’s My Boy – $4.6 million
5. Snow White and the Huntsman – $4 million
Check back tomorrow for a full box office report, and follow me on Twitter for up-to-the-minute box office updates.
Tom Cruise and Adam Sandler, two box office titans (in very different genres), offer up their latest movies this week.
Cruise stars in Rock of Ages, the ’80s-rock musical based on the hit Broadway show, while Sandler serves up his standard crass-and-proud-of-it comedy with the R-rated That’s My Boy. Both titles should play to broad mainstream audiences, but whether they can dethrone Madagascar 3 is another story.
Here’s how I think the Top 5 will shake out: READ FULL STORY
Could Adam Sandler’s new comedy That’s My Boy be skewing slightly more towards The Hangover then Jack and Jill? That’s what seems to be the case in the new red-band trailer for the June 15 release, which stars Sandler as an immature manchild who crashes the wedding of his seemingly put-together son, Todd (Andy Samberg).
The NSFW trailer reveals Todd’s tranquil bachelor party and rehearsal dinner gone horribly wrong (or right?) thanks to Donny’s juvenile interference. As the clip unfolds, the shocks become even more preposterous, although the level of swearing, toilet humor, and obese nakedness can’t possibly come as a surprise. See what Sandler says tastes like ” his f—— d— infused with b—-” below: READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Brick Mansions': EW movie review
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2': Pleased to meet...Electro?
- Bryan Singer statement on abuse claims
- 'Mentalist' being shopped to networks outside CBS
- 'Begin Again': Keira Knightley song for Adam Levine
- 'Parks and Rec': 9 hints about season finale
- 'Parks and Rec' finale: Watch the opening scene
- Katy Perry's 'Birthday': Master of disguise?
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show' 678
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'There isn't a single episode of television I've written that I don't wish I could get back and do again' 523
- The Spy Who Shacked Me 482
- Slaves to Love 512
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes 386
- 'How I Met Your Mother' spin-off casts Meg Ryan
- 'Jurassic World': See the first images from the set of next summer's dinosaur flick -- EXCLUSIVE
- A serious attempt to explain Avril Lavigne's 'Hello Kitty' music video
- 'Survivor' recap: The Spy Who Shacked Me
- 'Arrow' post mortem: Boss opens up about the shocking [spoiler]!