I became a film critic to celebrate the movies I love — to spread the word about them, to talk about why they enthrall, why they matter, what they mean. And really, what could fulfill that desire more completely than spreading the word about the greatest movies you’ve ever seen? It’s like organizing the ultimate banquet: one perfect, sublime, exquisitely tasty dish after another. That said, how does one choose? In putting together EW’s list of the 100 All-Time Greatest Movies, I figured, at first, that it would be easy. Working with my fellow critics Lisa Schwarzbaum and Chris Nashawaty, it seemed simple enough to pick out the movies that each of us thought of as great, classic, timeless. And sure enough, it is easy — until you start to look over the list of films that have made your first cut, and you realize that there are about 175 titles there. Nearly half of them have to go. And that’s a little painful. (I’m sill upset that I had to lose McCabe & Mrs. Miller, The General, and Natural Born Killers.) READ FULL STORY
Tag: The 100 All-TIme Greatest Movies (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Ghostbusters' director shows us who he's gonna call
- 'Parenthood': 10 best episodes
- Shonda Rhimes talks 'Grey's Anatomy': 'we need an infusion of men'
- 'Arrow' costar Katie Cassidy on suiting up as Black Canary: 'lucky, excited, grateful, thrilled'
- GoDaddy pulls Super Bowl ad animal rights activists called 'cruel and irresponsible'
- 'Justified'; 'Agent Carter'; 'Parks and Recreation'; more TV recaps
- 'The Flash,' 'Supernatural'; 'Pretty Little Liars'; 'Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce'; more TV recaps
- 'The Flash' boss answers burning Q's: 'We think it makes sense, hopefully you all will too'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' boss teases new doctors and new relationships
- 'Arrow' star Katie Cassidy on suiting up as Black Canary: 'It's messy'
- 'Walking Dead' actor joins 'Criminal Minds' spinoff
- GoDaddy pulls Super Bowl ad after animal rights activists call it 'cruel'
- Kristen Wiig, Melissa McCarthy lead Paul Feig's 'Ghostbusters' reboot