I became a film critic to celebrate the movies I love — to spread the word about them, to talk about why they enthrall, why they matter, what they mean. And really, what could fulfill that desire more completely than spreading the word about the greatest movies you’ve ever seen? It’s like organizing the ultimate banquet: one perfect, sublime, exquisitely tasty dish after another. That said, how does one choose? In putting together EW’s list of the 100 All-Time Greatest Movies, I figured, at first, that it would be easy. Working with my fellow critics Lisa Schwarzbaum and Chris Nashawaty, it seemed simple enough to pick out the movies that each of us thought of as great, classic, timeless. And sure enough, it is easy — until you start to look over the list of films that have made your first cut, and you realize that there are about 175 titles there. Nearly half of them have to go. And that’s a little painful. (I’m sill upset that I had to lose McCabe & Mrs. Miller, The General, and Natural Born Killers.) READ FULL STORY
Tag: The 100 All-TIme Greatest Movies (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Movies
- Taylor Swift's '1989' review: Losing herself in 'pop'?
- Chiwetel Ejiofor signs on for Ridley Scott's 'The Martian'
- Archie Comics as a Fox TV series? Why 'Riverdale' might surprise us
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' teaser poster revealed
- 'Into the Woods' featurette: Go behind the scenes with Johnny Depp, Meryl Streep, and Co.
- Brad Pitt talks 'Fury' (or is that 'Furry'?) on 'Between Two Ferns'
- 'Into the Woods' First Look: New photos, concept art, and inside dish
- 'Revenge' sneak peek: Tattoo guy makes David Clarke a marked man
- 'Game of Thrones' season 5 rumors debunked
- Zach Galifianakis gets a little too real with Brad Pitt on 'Between Two Ferns'
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer is here: What we learned
- This week's cover: 'Into the Woods' enchants EW's holiday movie preview
- 'Into the Woods': Go behind the scenes with Meryl Streep, Johnny Depp, and more