I became a film critic to celebrate the movies I love — to spread the word about them, to talk about why they enthrall, why they matter, what they mean. And really, what could fulfill that desire more completely than spreading the word about the greatest movies you’ve ever seen? It’s like organizing the ultimate banquet: one perfect, sublime, exquisitely tasty dish after another. That said, how does one choose? In putting together EW’s list of the 100 All-Time Greatest Movies, I figured, at first, that it would be easy. Working with my fellow critics Lisa Schwarzbaum and Chris Nashawaty, it seemed simple enough to pick out the movies that each of us thought of as great, classic, timeless. And sure enough, it is easy — until you start to look over the list of films that have made your first cut, and you realize that there are about 175 titles there. Nearly half of them have to go. And that’s a little painful. (I’m sill upset that I had to lose McCabe & Mrs. Miller, The General, and Natural Born Killers.) READ FULL STORY
Tag: The 100 All-TIme Greatest Movies (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Movies
- 47 fall movies we can't wait to see
- Emmys 2014: Who will win...and who should
- 'Grey's Anatomy,' 'New Girl,' 'Once Upon a Time,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'Selma' First Look: David Oyelowo as Martin Luther King
- Emmys: 20 who never won
- Zach on 'Big Brother' eviction: 'I couldn't keep my frootloop dingus mouth shut'
- 'Big Brother': 3 Q's for Julie Chen (plus one about the Ice Bucket Challenge)
- Benedict Cumberbatch embraces (clothing optional) Ice Bucket Challenges
- 'Dating Naked' cast member sues after VH1 showed her naked
- 'Spider-Woman #1' has a special variant cover that is causing some controversy for some reason
- 'Dating Naked' trailer: And you thought Tinder was brutal (NSFW)
- 'Mythbusters' reveal Comic-Con costume, show how to make Indiana Jones' bullwhip
- Former child star Jonathan Lipnicki is all grown up in 'You Used To Be Cute'