President’s Day weekend proved to be another strong one at the box office. In its second weekend in theaters, Safe House, an action thriller starring Denzel Washington and Ryan Reynolds, climbed past last weekend’s victor The Vow and topped the box office chart. Meanwhile, newcomers Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, This Means War, and The Secret World of Arrietty didn’t make a big dent on the chart, but they still contributed to a very sold frame overall. Here’s how the weekend played out: READ FULL STORY
Tag: This Means War (1-3 of 3)
Box office update: 'The Vow' scores $7.4 million on Friday, holds off 'Ghost Rider' and 'This Means War'
After its remarkable first week at the box office, The Vow looks like it’s headed for another weekend win. The romantic drama, which stars Rachel McAdams and Channing Tatum, is exhibiting major legs, despite its overwhelmingly poor reviews. The Vow smooched up $7.4 million yesterday, and looks headed for a four-day take above $30 million. READ FULL STORY
After last weekend’s record-breaking pre-Valentine’s Day frame, Hollywood is feeling hopeful about box office prospects during the upcoming holiday weekend, which will include four days of box office receipts. We’re likely headed another frame of four $20+ million grosses — possibly even five!
Three new movies are hitting theaters — action sequel Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, romantic comedy This Means War, and animated import The Secret World of Arrietty — but The Vow won’t relinquish the top spot so easily. Here are my predictions for the four day holiday weekend: READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy': How big at the box office?
- 'Big Brother' recap: Evicted houseguest is...
- 'Project Runway' recap: Unconventional movie night
- 'Honorable Woman': Thriller deals deftly with a complex subject
- 'The Quest' premiere: Bored game
- Comic-Con: Why Team 'Twilight' made it better
- DC Comics characters we'd invite to the 'Arrow'/'Flash' party
- Chris Hardwick shares his Comic-Con '14 photo diary
- STAHP in the name of love 966
- DON'T PUBLISH See FIVE minutes of the 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover episode -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO 595
- Enough, already: Why I'm quitting 'The Leftovers' 460
- Quentin Tarantino, J.J. Abrams and other directors are working to save movie film 335
- Box office report: 'Lucy' slays 'Hercules' with $44 million debut 285
- Quentin Tarantino, J.J. Abrams, and other directors are trying to save Kodak
- Dick Smith, makeup artist of 'The Godfather,' 'The Exorcist': A tribute
- Box office preview: 'Guardians of the Galaxy' aims for a cosmic debut
- Sony releases surprise NSync album; NSync is surprised
- Movie Review: Guardians of the Galaxy