• Brittany Snow is set to reprise her role as Chloe in Pitch Perfect 2, which is already scheduled for a May 15, 2015, release. For those keeping tabs, we know that Anna Kendrick and Rebel Wilson plan to return as well, and that Elizabeth Banks will direct. The plot is being kept under wraps, but fans can rest easy knowing that Pitch Perfect scribe Kay Cannon is writing the sequel. [THR] READ FULL STORY
Tag: Thomas Jane (1-4 of 4)
Now here’s a movie we can have fun with — as long as we strap on our seat belts and try not to take it too seriously.
Drive Hard, directed by cult filmmaker Brian Trenchard-Smith (Leprechaun 4: In Space, Airforce 2: Down), stars John Cusack as a bank robber named Simon Keller who recruits ex-Formula 1 champion Peter Robert (Thomas Jane) — now working as a driving instructor — to be his getaway driver after Keller robs a bank. Fun? Yes. Is there a point to the film? We’re not entirely sure… but then again, isn’t that true of most heist films?
The film will be released by Image Entertainment, and while there’s no word yet on a release date, Voltage Pictures has kindly provided us with a new trailer in anticipation of the movie hitting screens sometime later this year. Discussion questions: Why, John Cusack? And how much did Thomas Jane get paid to wear that wig?
Casting Net: Kelsey Grammer, Kyra Sedgwick join ensemble of 'Reach Me.' Plus: Will Arnett, Katherine Heigl plan 'The Nut Job'
• Kelsey Grammer, Kyra Sedgwick, Kevin Connolly (Entourage), Thomas Jane (Hung), Tom Berenger, and Cary Elwes have signed onto the ensemble drama Reach Me, about a group of disparate people whose lives intersect thanks to a self-improvement book penned by a former football coach. Sylvester Stallone, Danny Aiello, Terry Crews, rapper Nelly, and Omari Hardwick (Sparkle) all costar. Director John Herzfeld (2 Days in the Valley) also penned the script. [Deadline]
• Will Arnett, Katherine Heigl, Brendan Fraser, Stephen Lang (Avatar), Sarah Gadon (A Dangerous Method), and ventriloquist comedian Jeff Dunham will all lend their voices to the indie animated feature The Nut Job, about a squirrel and a rat who plan to rob a nut store of its precious goods. Peter Lepeniotis will be directing based on his 2005 short Surly Squirrel; Lorne Cameron (Brother Bear, Over the Hedge) is penning the script. [Deadline]
• Paulo Costanzo (USA’s Royal Pains) will star in the romantic comedy That Burning Feeling, about a successful bachelor who revisits his past exes when the proverbial rug is pulled out from under his life. John Cho (Star Trek), and Tyler Labine (NBC’s Animal Practice) costar. Jason James is making his feature directing debut from a script by fellow first-timer Nick Citton. [Deadline]
Casting Net: Tom Hardy plugging into ‘Splinter Cell.’ Plus: Benicio del Toro, Alexander Skarsgard, Evan Rachel Wood
Casting Net: Cameron Diaz will be ‘The Other Woman.’ Plus: Chris Hemsworth, Sylvester Stallone, Viggo Mortensen
Casting Net: Sean Penn eyeing thriller ‘Prone Gunman.’ Plus: John Hawkes, George Clooney, Ty Burrell
Casting Net: Louis C.K., Andrew Dice Clay join new Woody Allen film. Plus: Ashley Tisdale, Elijah Wood, Johnny Galecki
• Here’s something you don’t see every day. Director Woody Allen announced today that he’s cast comedians Louis C.K. and Andrew Dice Clay in his latest, untitled film, which will be shot in New York and San Francisco. The stand-ups will join Alec Baldwin, Cate Blanchett, Bobby Cannavale, Michael Emerson, Sally Hawkins, and Peter Sarsgaard.
• Frankly, it’s surprising it took this long for a High School Musical alum to do a movie like this. Ashley Tisdale will play the lead in the horror flick parody Scary Movie 5. Malcolm D. Lee (Soul Men) will direct. [Deadline]
• A small town pawn shop in the American South will be the nexus for the impressive ensemble cast writer-director Wayne Kramer (The Cooler, Running Scared) has assembled for his black comedy Pawn Shop Chronicles. Joining actor-producer Paul Walker: Matt Dillon, Elijah Wood, Brendan Fraser, Vincent D’Onofrio, Thomas Jane, Norman Reedus, Ashlee Simpson, Lukas Haas, Chi McBride, DJ Qualls, Michael Cudlitz, Pell James, and Kevin Rankin. Phew! [Deadline]
• The Big Bang Theory star Johnny Galecki, Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins, and actress Mickey Sumner (The Borgias) have all joined CBGB, about the renown New York punk rock club. Galecki will play band manager Terry Ork; Hawkins will play Iggy Pop; and Sumner will play Patti Smith. They join Alan Rickman (as club owner Hilly Crystal), Malin Akerman (as Debbie Harry), and Rupert Grint (as guitarist Cheetah Chrome). Randall Miller (Bottle Shock) will direct. [Deadline, THR, Variety]
• Logan Lerman (Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief) and Douglas Booth (The Pillars of the Earth) have been cast in director Darren Aronofsky‘s Biblical epic Noah as Noah’s sons Ham and Shem, respectively. Russell Crowe will play the famed ark builder. [Deadline]
Casting Net: Beyonce, Josh Hutcherson, Colin Farrell going ‘Epic.’ Plus: Adam Sander, Olivia Wilde
Casting Net: Stallone and De Niro eyeing boxing comedy ‘Grudge Match.’ Plus: Gary Oldman, Dominic Monaghan, Anne Hathaway
Casting Net: Adam Shankman comedy eyeing all-star cast. Plus: Jude Law, Michelle Pfeiffer, Gillian Anderson, Taran Killam
Latest Videos in Movies
- Batman Day: 'character always open to interpretation'
- Robert Downey Jr. on 'Iron Man': 'Why give up the belt?'
- Jon Stewart: 'Let's Buy CNN' -- with incentives
- 'Downton Abbey' boss: Season 4 'one of the strongest'
- Robert Kirkman talks 'AIR,' Norman Reedus' role in it
- Summer sleepers: 14 unexpected movie hits
- Prince George: We know THAT look...
- 'Get On Up': It's Chadwick Boseman's world
- 'The Walking Dead': See Carol, Judith and Rick in exclusive new season 5 images
- Robert Downey Jr. on 'Iron Man 4': 'Why give up the belt?'
- Every 'The Simpsons' episode is going online
- 'Arrow' producer reveals details of season 3's Big Bad and 'Flash' crossover episode
- See Carol, Judith, and Rick of 'The Walking Dead' in new season 5 images