• Topher Grace (Spider-Man 3) is in talks to join Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar in a supporting capacity. Naturally, no details were given about the nature of the role, but we’re hoping this could be the beginning of a Topher Grace career reboot. He has a number of projects in the works including The Invitation with Zachary Quinto, The Calling with Susan Sarandon, and A Many Splintered Thing with Aubrey Plaza and Chris Evans, a.k.a. April and not Andy. [Deadline]
Tag: Topher Grace (1-3 of 3)
Casting Net: Jessica Chastain for 'Crimson Peak'; Plus, Bradley Cooper to replace Jude Law in Natalie Portman pic, more
• Guillermo del Toro is assembling quite the A-List cast for his gothic horror film Crimson Peak. Yesterday, we learned that Benedict Cumberbatch (Star Trek Into Darkness) had joined the cast, and news broke today that two-time Oscar-nominee Jessica Chastain is in final negotiations to star in the film. Del Toro produced Mama, which starred Chastain, but has never directed the Zero Dark Thirty star before. The project is the midst of a script re-write with Del Toro and Lucinda Coxon (The Heart of Me). Matthew Robbins (The Sugarland Express) wrote the original draft with Del Toro. [Variety]
• The trouble-plagued production for Jane Got a Gun may have finally gotten some good news. It looks like Oscar-nominee Bradley Cooper is set to take over for Jude Law, who left the project late last month, as did director Lynne Ramsay. Warrior director Gavin O’Connor has since taken over, and they’ve continued shooting what they can with Natalie Portman and Joel Edgerton. [Deadline]
Casting Net: Seth Green to rock out in 'The Identical.' Plus: Aubrey Plaza, Anthony Mackie, Kevin Costner
• Aubrey Plaza, Topher Grace, Anthony Mackie, Giovanni Ribisi and Philip Baker Hall are all likely to join Chris Evans and Michelle Monaghan in the romantic comedy A Many Splintered Thing, about a guy who tries to woo an engaged woman after they meet at a charity dinner at which he impersonates a wealthy benefactor. Commercial director Justin Reardon will helm the film from a Black List script by Christ Shafer and Paul Vicknair. [Variety, Deadline]
• Kevin Costner has officially signed a deal to star in an untitled thriller (previously titled Three Days to Kill) about a dying secret service agent going on one final mission. McG is attached to direct from a script by seasoned-actor-action-movie specialists Luc Besson (Taken) and Adi Hasak (From Paris with Love). [Variety]
• Jean Dujardin, Cate Blanchett, and Paul Giamatti are being considered for roles in George Clooney‘s next directorial effort, The Monument’s Men, about the effort to find stolen art during World War II — but no deal is yet in place for any of the actors. Clooney would also star, and is writing the script with regular collaborator Grant Heslov from Robert M. Edsel’s book of the same name. [TheWrap]
Casting Net: Elijah Wood to be ‘The Late Bloomer.’ Plus: Miles Teller, Richard Madden
Casting Net: Wes Bentley, Brit Marling join Lincoln biopic ‘The Green Blade Rises.’ Plus: Martin Freeman, Judi Dench, Steve Coogan
Casting Net: Justin Timberlake drinking in ‘The Last Drop.’ Plus: Nicolas Cage, Meryl Streep, Hilary Swank
Latest Videos in Movies
- President Obama goes 'Between Two Ferns'
- 'Bachelor' finale recap: Bait and ditch
- 'Bachelorette': It's Andi Dorfman
- 'How I Met Your Mother' recap: 'Daisy'
- 'Voice': Shakira Jones and the Architect of Destiny
- 'Believe': First impressions?
- Patrick Duffy on 'sex-starved' Bobby in 'Dallas'
- 'True Detective' creator Nic Pizzolatto talks finale
- 'The Bachelor' season finale recap: Bait and Ditch
- Andi Dorfman is the new 'Bachelorette'
- 'True Detective' season finale: What happened? -- SPOILERS
- New 'Game of Thrones' trailer: 'Do you know what they did to my brother? And my mother?' -- VIDEO
- 'True Detective' finale review: Truth, justice, and the satisfying…