Ignatiy Vishnevetsky, film critic for the Chicago Reader, will co-host Roger Ebert’s upcoming movie-review television show, according to the Associated Press. The 24-year old, Russian-born Vishnevetsky, who also writes for the film website, Mubi, steps into the spot originally intended for Elvis Mitchell, who parted ways soon after being announced. He’ll join Christy Lemire, the AP’s film critic, in the balcony when Ebert Presents At the Movies premieres on Jan. 21.
Tag: TV Biz (11-13 of 13)
The U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee announced today it had unanimously approved a bill giving the Justice Department new powers to combat websites that illegally offer copyrighted content for sale, download, or streaming. The Combating Online Infringement and Counterfeits Act, sponsored by Senators Patrick Leahy (D, Vt.) and Orrin Hatch (R, Utah), would allow federal law enforcement to effectively shut down websites that demonstrably participate in the regular unauthorized distribution of copyrighted material. Several Hollywood guild organizations, including SAG and the DGA, issued a joint-statement in support of the bill, saying, “We believe today’s committee action is the first step in making it much more difficult for rogue site operators to run their sites with impunity.”
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Dating Naked: The Wedding': Naked body painting, naked drum circle, and more we saw
- 'Bones' First Look clip: Booth's in the jailhouse now
- Caleb on 'Big Brother': I'd have taken Derrick to final and 'I would have won'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' photos: Half-sis clues Meredith can't miss?
- 'Gotham' up, 'Selfie' down? Insiders predict fall TV rookie prospects
- Oscar buzz: Sizing up the contenders after Toronto
- Ernie Hudson tells us 'Ghostbusters' stories at key NYC locations
- 'Disney Infinity 2.0': Marvel at the expanded possibilities now in play
- 'Grey's Anatomy' cast poses as 'Orange Is the New Black' characters
- Insiders predict which new shows will be hits (and flops)
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks
- 'Big Brother' host Julie Chen on 'shocked, embarrassed, confused' Caleb
- '7th Heaven' cast, minus Ruthie, reunites