• Ben Foster (3:10 to Yuma) and Dominic Cooper (Captain America: The First Avenger) have signed on to star in Warcraft for Legendary Pictures, based on the bestselling video game World of Warcraft. Source Code and Moon helmer Duncan Jones is set to direct. Foster can be seen next with Mark Wahlberg in the Navy SEALs pic Lone Survivor (out Jan. 10, 2014) and Cooper’s next release finds him playing the bad guy to Aaron Paul’s street racer in Need for Speed (out March 14, 2014). [The Wrap]
Tag: Warcraft (1-4 of 4)
• Colin Farrell has reportedly been offered the lead in Warcraft, the Legendary Pictures adaptation of the popular video game World of Warcraft. Paula Patton (Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol) is also in talks to star in the film, which is set to go into production in January with Duncan Jones (Moon, Source Code) in the director’s chair. Paul Dano (Prisoners), Anson Mount (Hell on Wheels), Anton Yelchin (Star Trek Into Darkness) and Travis Fimmel (Vikings) are all on the short list as well. Blood Diamond scribe Charles Leavitt penned the script. [Deadline]
They say it can’t be done. That a great movie can’t be made from a popular video game. Andrzej Bartkowiak’s Doom proved disastrous. Mike Newell’s Prince of Persia was an expensive misfire. Peter Jackson’s Halo never got off the ground. But now the world’s biggest MMORPG (that’s massively multi-player online role-playing game for you n00bs) is getting an adaptation.
Legendary Pictures announced yesterday that Duncan Jones would direct a live-action World of Warcraft film, based on Blizzard Entertainment’s unbelievably successful gaming universe, which was launched in 2004 (ten years after the 1994 release of the first Warcraft game) and, as of October 2012, boasts over 10 million subscribers. READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Sons of Anarchy' recap: 'Toil and Till'
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Tommy Flanagan, Theo Rossi talk 'Toil and Till'
- Fall TV 2014: EW critics pick 6 new series to watch
- 'Mindy Project'; 'New Girl'; 'Big Brother'; 'Dancing With the Stars': Tuesday TV recaps
- C-3PO's 'Star Wars' past, present, and future: A deep-dive Q&A with Anthony Daniels
- Fantastic Fest 2014: 22 wonderfully weird films in Austin
- 'Breaking Bad': 'Ozymandias' writer and director look back at milestone episode
- 'Revenge' season 4 trailer: 'Emily Thorne, I'm coming for you'
- Famed James Bond villain Richard Kiel dies at 74 539
- Discovery to strand Democrat and Republican senators on deserted island 481
- The glimmering crocodile tears of Princess Victoria, First of Her Name 475
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks 375
- No Blood On His Hands 335
- 'Breaking Bad,' 1 year later: Emmy-winning team tells 'Ozymandias' secrets
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks
- Tom Hiddleston to star in King-Kong spin-off, 'Skull Island'
- 'Revenge' first look: Watch the trailer for season 4
- 'Dancing With the Stars' recap: No second chance for a second dance