• Ben Foster (3:10 to Yuma) and Dominic Cooper (Captain America: The First Avenger) have signed on to star in Warcraft for Legendary Pictures, based on the bestselling video game World of Warcraft. Source Code and Moon helmer Duncan Jones is set to direct. Foster can be seen next with Mark Wahlberg in the Navy SEALs pic Lone Survivor (out Jan. 10, 2014) and Cooper’s next release finds him playing the bad guy to Aaron Paul’s street racer in Need for Speed (out March 14, 2014). [The Wrap]
Tag: Warcraft (1-4 of 4)
• Colin Farrell has reportedly been offered the lead in Warcraft, the Legendary Pictures adaptation of the popular video game World of Warcraft. Paula Patton (Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol) is also in talks to star in the film, which is set to go into production in January with Duncan Jones (Moon, Source Code) in the director’s chair. Paul Dano (Prisoners), Anson Mount (Hell on Wheels), Anton Yelchin (Star Trek Into Darkness) and Travis Fimmel (Vikings) are all on the short list as well. Blood Diamond scribe Charles Leavitt penned the script. [Deadline]
They say it can’t be done. That a great movie can’t be made from a popular video game. Andrzej Bartkowiak’s Doom proved disastrous. Mike Newell’s Prince of Persia was an expensive misfire. Peter Jackson’s Halo never got off the ground. But now the world’s biggest MMORPG (that’s massively multi-player online role-playing game for you n00bs) is getting an adaptation.
Legendary Pictures announced yesterday that Duncan Jones would direct a live-action World of Warcraft film, based on Blizzard Entertainment’s unbelievably successful gaming universe, which was launched in 2004 (ten years after the 1994 release of the first Warcraft game) and, as of October 2012, boasts over 10 million subscribers. READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Doctor Who': Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman EW portraits
- 'Goldfinch' movie: Let's pick our dream cast
- 'Into the Woods': 10 new production photos
- 'Interstellar': Comic-Con trailer lands online
- Daniel Radcliffe: How Spider-Man let him be a fly on the wall in S.D.
- 'Divergent' disturbing deleted scene: Get an eyeful
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits
- 'Walking Dead': Andrew Lincoln on Rick juggling brutality/humanity