Yes, the Sundance Film Festival is a temple to the glory of independent film and the purity of the art of cinema and blah blah blah. But it is also a vital marketplace for indie distributors to find the next blockbuster Little Miss Sunshine, or acclaimed Beasts of the Southern Wild, or wildly overpriced Happy, Texas. With the festival drawing to a close, Sundance 2013 has already proven to be one of the biggest deal-making festivals in recent memory, producing several major sales of movies that will either go on to become some of the buzziest films of the year, or, you know… not. We’ll update this space with additional deal reports throughout the week ahead. Here are the highlights so far: READ FULL STORY
Tag: We Are What We Are (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Movies
- EWwy Awards 2014 winners are...
- Lindsay Lohan selfie with Tina Fey teases EW's fall 'Mean Girls' reunion
- 'Sons of Anarchy' gets official book -- and series finale air date
- Taylor Swift's 'Shake It Off': Why it's great/why it grates
- David Letterman's tribute to Robin Williams
- 'Pretty Little Liars'; 'Bachelor in Paradise'; 'True Blood'; more TV recaps
- 'Once Upon a Time' bosses answer Yes/No/Can't Say (or more) to your Twitter Q's
- 'NCIS' casts Stephanie Jacobsen; a new love interest for DiNozzo?