William H. Macy’s directorial debut Rudderless stars Billy Crudup as a father grieving after the death of his son and Selena Gomez as the son’s girlfriend. The three sat down with EW’s Sara Vilkomerson to talk about the making of the film and its music. Watch the video below: READ FULL STORY
Tag: William H. Macy (1-5 of 5)
Casting Net: Jack Nicholson may reunite with Tom Cruise for a comedy; Plus, James Brown biopic casts its Mick Jagger, more
• Tom Cruise and director Doug Liman are reportedly courting Jack Nicholson for the Warner Bros. comedy El Presidente, about a by-the-books secret service agent assigned to protect “America’s worst former President” who boozes and womanizes with abandon. Nicholson would play the part of the President, a VP who assumed the Commander-in-Chief’s job after the President died. According to the report, the project has been in development since 2010 — originally with Jay Roach in the director’s chair. Nicholson and Cruise appeared together previously in 1992′s A Few Good Men, which earned Nicholson a Best Supporting Actor nomination. The three-time Oscar winner has not appeared in a movie since 2010′s How Do You Know. [THR]
• Joey King has a pretty stellar career for a 13-year-old. Not only did she get to play every kid’s dream part of Ramona Quimby, she’s appeared in New Girl, Crazy, Stupid, Love., The Dark Knight Rises (as the little kid who climbs out of the dungeon…just in case someone out there might be spoiled by any more information), Oz the Great and Powerful, and White House Down. Soon, she’ll be tormented by demon spirits in The Conjuring, too. It’s no wonder that Zach Braff wanted her in his Kickstarter project Wish I Was Here. She’ll play the role of his and Kate Hudson’s daughter. [Deadline]
READ FULL STORY
• Chloë Moretz just can’t stay away from the macabre. The Kick-Ass 2 star is currently in talks to join the adaptation of (former EW writer) Gillian Flynn’s Dark Places. In the novel, Libby Day (who will be played by Charlize Theron) revisits the gruesome reality of her youth (at 7, she testified against her 15-year-old brother Ben for the murder of their mother) 25 years later. Alternating between flashbacks to the time when the murder and conviction took place and the present, Moretz would play the character of Diondra Wertzner — Ben’s girlfriend in the flashbacks. Gilles Paquet-Brenner (Sarah’s Key) is set to direct. [Deadline]
• Jennifer Garner is in talks to join Kevin Costner in Ivan Reitman’s football dramedy Draft Day. Garner would play the secretary to Costner’s team manager who is having a hard time securing his number one draft pick. Garner’s next film, Dallas Buyers Club with Matthew McConaughey, is currently in post-production and should be released sometime this year. [Variety]
Casting Net: 'The Avengers' star Clark Gregg assembling killer cast for 'Trust Me.' Plus: Gael Garcia Bernal to play AIDS patient
• Gael Garcia Bernal is negotiating to star opposite Matthew McConaughey in The Dallas Buyer’s Club, about a Texas man with AIDS who starts smuggling drugs into the country to help fellow patients combat the disease. Bernal would play one of those patients. Jean-Marc Vallee (The Young Victoria) is directing from a script by Craig Borten and Melisa Wallack (Meet Bill), based on the real-life story of a man named Ron Woodroof. [THR]
• The cast for the big screen adaptation of the Pulitzer Prize-winning play August: Osage County is complete. Julianne Nicholson (Law and Order: Criminal Intent) will play Ivy Weston, the mousy middle daughter of Weston family matriarch Violet (Meryl Streep), who still lives in the same town as her parents and bears the brunt of her mother’s abuse. Julia Roberts and Juliette Lewis will play the eldest and youngest daughters, respectively, meaning either the Hollywood gods or director John Wells (The Company Men) have a real sly sense of humor. Benedict Cumberbatch, Ewan McGregor, Abigail Breslin, Dermot Mulroney, Chris Cooper, Margo Martindale, Sam Shepard, and Misty Upham (Frozen River) will costar. Playwright Tracy Letts also wrote the screenplay. [Deadline]
Casting Net: Seth Green to rock out in ‘The Identical.’ Plus: Aubrey Plaza, Anthony Mackie, Kevin Costner
Casting Net: Elijah Wood to be ‘The Late Bloomer.’ Plus: Miles Teller, Richard Madden
Casting Net: Wes Bentley, Brit Marling join Lincoln biopic ‘The Green Blade Rises.’ Plus: Martin Freeman, Judi Dench, Steve Coogan
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Bachelor' finale recap: Bait and ditch
- 'Bachelorette': It's Andi Dorfman
- 'How I Met Your Mother' recap: 'Daisy'
- 'Voice': Shakira Jones and the Architect of Destiny
- 'Believe': First impressions?
- Patrick Duffy on 'sex-starved' Bobby in 'Dallas'
- 'True Detective' creator Nic Pizzolatto talks finale
- 'True Detective' season 1 finale: Our verdict
- 'The Bachelor' season finale recap: Bait and Ditch
- Andi Dorfman is the new 'Bachelorette'
- 'True Detective' season finale: What happened? -- SPOILERS
- New 'Game of Thrones' trailer: 'Do you know what they did to my brother? And my mother?' -- VIDEO
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 'Whoo! I'm glad I didn't pick her!'