The most famous female superhero in the world is getting a female director. EW has confirmed the news, originally revealed by the Hollywood Reporter, that Michelle MacLaren has signed on to develop the Wonder Woman solo film. The character will first appear in 2017’s Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, which will introduce Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman alongside Ben Affleck’s Batman, Henry Cavill’s Superman, and various other superheroes we’re too busy to list. Wonder Woman is currently slated for a June 2017 release. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Wonder Woman (1-5 of 5)
Exciting news from the world of Superhero Movies That Don’t Star White Dudes Names Chris: Warner Bros’ 2017 Wonder Woman spinoff is close to hiring a director, and Variety reports that they are talking to Michelle MacLaren. READ FULL STORY
Warner Bros. announces 10 DC movies, including 'Wonder Woman,' 'Green Lantern,' and two 'Justice League' films
Everyone knew that Warner Bros. was planning to release a fleet of superhero movies based on the DC Universe. And now studio head Kevin Tsujihara has revealed the titles of those superhero movies, announcing an ambitious slate of 10 films spread throughout interlocking franchises that will star beloved characters like Superman and Batman, plus lesser-known characters like Shazam and Cyborg. They’re also making a new Green Lantern movie, but not until 2020, by which time Ryan Reynolds’ child will be five years old and his parents will never talk about how they met, not ever.
Here are the 10 announced films. (Click here for some deeper thoughts about all the DC movies.) READ FULL STORY
If you had to use one word to describe the first official photo of Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, it would probably be ‘fierce.’ Another would be ‘warrior.’ Or ‘demigod.’ Although there’s no reason you couldn’t string them all together and say that Diana of Themyscira sure does look like one Fierce Warrior Demigod, because that is accurate too.
Director Zack Snyder tweeted out the photo this morning during the Warner Bros. movie panel at San Diego Comic-Con’s Hall H Saturday morning.Fans got a glimpse at a brief bit of footage from Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice, along with several other upcoming WB films like Mad Max.
Be sure to check out EW’s coverage of the panel here.
After decades of waiting in the wings while the boys had all the fun — a frustrating exile best epitomized by a failed television pilot — Wonder Woman is finally set to return in the biggest way imaginable. Gal Gadot, the Israeli model and actress who appeared as Gisele Harrabo in the Fast and Furious franchise, will star as the iconic Amazon in Batman Vs. Superman.
“Wonder Woman is arguably one of the most powerful female characters of all time and a fan favorite in the DC Universe,” said director Zack Snyder, in a statement. “Not only is Gal an amazing actress, but she also has that magical quality that makes her perfect for the role. We look forward to audiences discovering Gal in the first feature film incarnation of this beloved character.”
Gadot, 28, competed in the 2004 Miss Universe pageant as Miss Israel before becoming a professional model/actress. What better qualifies her to play a superhero, though, might be the two years she spent in the Israeli army.
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Dancing With the Stars' recap: And the mirrorball goes to...
- Netflix additions for December include 'Wolf of Wall Street,' 'American Horror Story: Coven'
- 'SNL' 'Second Chance Theatre': Ask Jason Sudeikis About Juggling Lessons
- 'Horrible Bosses 2' guys make excellent company for a rooftop chat
- 'Toy Story' kid sis talks transition to music: Sarah Rayne visits EW's 'Polished'
- 'The Flash'; 'Supernatural'; 'The Voice'; 'Mindy Project'; more TV recaps
- 'Awkward.' season finale: Your take on 'Sprang Break, Part 2'?
- 'Faking It' season finale: Who got 'Busted'?
- And the 'Dancing With the Stars' season 19 winner is...
- Jennifer Aniston and Lisa Kudrow try to out-curse each other on 'Kimmel'
- 'Dancing With the Stars' season finale recap: A nail-biter till the very end
- Watch Hugh Jackman pull a Johnny Depp in the trailer for 'Pan'
- 'The Voice' recap: Meet the Top 8