• Biopics can be challenging to cast. Not only do you need a great actor, there has to be at least a passable physical resemblance. For someone as infamous as Lance Armstrong, the task is all the more difficult. Ben Foster, a former Disney star who transformed into a serious, respected actor as an adult, is in final talks to take on the role of the disgraced super athlete for Working Title. With a script from John Hodge (Trainspotting) and Oscar-nominated director Stephen Frears (The Queen) helming the movie, the untitled project is aiming for a fall shoot and will focus on the doping scandal. There are two other Lance Armstrong movies in development at Warner Bros. and Paramount/Bad Robot (the project where the Bradley Cooper casting rumors started) as well. Foster can be seen next in the Sundance hits Kill Your Darlings, and Ain’t Them Bodies Saints. [Deadline]
Tag: World's Most Wanted (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Movies
- Reality TV's most appalling shows (so far)
- Coldplay brings new songs to SXSW
- 'Big Bang Theory' renewed for three more years
- 'L&O: SVU': Pablo Schreiber returning
- 'Tomorrow People': Looking for them on Mondays?
- Matthew McConaughey: How he got 'Alright' x 3
- 'Orphan Black'/Criminally Underrated gems: EW cover
- 'Orphan Black' exclusive: Three clones in one photo!
- 'The Flash' first full body costume photo
- Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelor' finale and 'After the Final Rose'
- This Week's Cover: Angelina Jolie is 'Maleficent'! An exclusive in-depth interview
- 'Game of Thrones' team: 7 seasons is the plan
- This Week's Cover: The criminally underrated 'Orphan Black'