New Line wants to be part of the Academy Awards one way or another, and their best best may be their just-announced news that British singer/songwriter Kate Bush will have her original song titled “Lyra” tacked onto the end credits of The Golden Compass. The song is named for Lyra Belacqua, the lead character in the movie played by newcomer Dakota Blue Richards. Bush, who in 2005 released Aerial, her first album in 12 years, has been on a role of late. Her album was a commercial success, and who knows, now we may get to see her perform at the Oscars.
Kate Bush: Oscar contender?
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Walking Dead' cast react to season 5 trailer
- 'CSI' role for Mark Valley
- 'Nerd-tastic' H.S. comedy 'The Outskirts': First Look
- Chris Harrison's 'Bachelorette' blog: The finale
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Hunnam's message/massage
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits: Day 3
- 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover: Watch 5 minutes
- 10 best videos at Comic-Con 2014
- 'The Walking Dead' cast and producers promise that 'every single thing in the first episode is a spoiler'
- Warner Bros. and RatPac team up for 'The Goldfinch'
- 'The Bachelorette' season finale recap: STAHP in the name of love
- What does an episode of 'Friends' look like without any jokes?
- Tyler Jacob Moore, John Rhys-Davies join 'OUAT' in 'Frozen' roles