New Line wants to be part of the Academy Awards one way or another, and their best best may be their just-announced news that British singer/songwriter Kate Bush will have her original song titled “Lyra” tacked onto the end credits of The Golden Compass. The song is named for Lyra Belacqua, the lead character in the movie played by newcomer Dakota Blue Richards. Bush, who in 2005 released Aerial, her first album in 12 years, has been on a role of late. Her album was a commercial success, and who knows, now we may get to see her perform at the Oscars.
Kate Bush: Oscar contender?
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Bachelor' recap: Like a camping virgin
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' quick take: Mr. Trump fires another two
- TV pilots now in the works for fall 2015--do you spot any winners?
- Chevy Chase and Beverly D'Angelo comedy among 4 new ABC pilots
- NBC pilot orders for Monica Potter comedy, 'Sharing' from Jimmy Fallon
- 'Gotham' recap: 'Welcome Back, Jim Gordon'
- 'Secretary' re-release trailer/poster: 'Fifty Shades of Grey' roots are showing
- SAG and Producers Guild shake up Oscar odds in Best Picture, Best Actor races