New Line wants to be part of the Academy Awards one way or another, and their best best may be their just-announced news that British singer/songwriter Kate Bush will have her original song titled “Lyra” tacked onto the end credits of The Golden Compass. The song is named for Lyra Belacqua, the lead character in the movie played by newcomer Dakota Blue Richards. Bush, who in 2005 released Aerial, her first album in 12 years, has been on a role of late. Her album was a commercial success, and who knows, now we may get to see her perform at the Oscars.
Kate Bush: Oscar contender?
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'SNL' with Cameron Diaz, Bruno Mars, and Mark Ronson is on: Talk about it
- Stephen Merchant answers burning Q's about 'Hello Ladies: The Movie' (including THAT cameo)
- 20 platonic movie/TV power couples
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': A movie, or just an extended prologue for the movie yet to come?
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': 7 biggest changes from page to screen
- 'The Missing'; 'Amazing Race'; 'Constantine'; more TV recaps
- 'Hell on Wheels' star Anson Mount on Jon Hamm advice, 'Snoop Dogg's Hood of Horror'
- 'Scandal' cues up a Stevie Wonder song, more of the week's best music on TV
- See the exclusive music video for 'The Hobbit's 'Last Goodbye,' with Billy Boyd and goosebumps aplenty
- Natalie Dormer advocates for more male nudity on 'Game of Thrones'
- 'Mockingjay -- Part 1': The 7 biggest changes from page to screen
- Cher cancels rest of 'Dressed to Kill' tour dates due to infection
- Tina Fey's NBC comedy moving to Netflix