Zooey Deschanel and Joseph Gordon-Levitt are in negotiations to play the leads in Fox Searchlight’s romantic comedy 500 Days of Summer, sources say. Gordon-Levitt, who will next be seen in Paramount’s Iraq-war drama Stop-Loss (out March 28) will play a guy who falls in love with a girl (Deschanel, soon to appear in M. Night Shyamalan’s The Happening) who doesn’t believe in love. Acclaimed music video director Marc Webb will make his feature directorial debut from a script by Michael H. Weber and Scott Neustadter (The Pink Panther 2). The movie is expected to begin filming this spring. Fox Searchlight declined comment.
Zooey Deschanel and Joseph Gordon-Levitt in talks for '500 Days of Summer'
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Sons of Anarchy' ending: Kurt Sutter says...
- 'Bachelorette' recap: 'The Men Tell All'
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' tone?
- Kacy Catanzaro talks 'Ninja Warrior' whirlwind
- Mark Ruffalo talks potential for a 'Hulk' movie
- 'Simpsons': Dates for character death, 'Futurama'
- 'Walking Dead': Why Norman Reedus feared for Daryl
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': 8 new photos
- 'Two and a Half Men' final season to tackle 'gay' adoption 624
- Captain America is black, Thor is a woman, and Iron Man has a new costume: Witness Avengers NOW! 493
- 'Doctor Who': Which episode should newbies check out first? 419
- 'Lost cause' 313
- 'Dating Naked' reveals disappointingly small ratings 283
- Robert Downey, Jr. tops Forbes' list of highest paid actors once again
- J.K. Rowling plans to write more about Cormoran Strike than Harry Potter
- 'Sons of Anarchy' creator says series ending not yet decided
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' to be less campy than 'Coven,' FX chief says
- 'Simpsons' character will die in season 26 premiere; 'Futurama' crossover to air in November