Zooey Deschanel and Joseph Gordon-Levitt are in negotiations to play the leads in Fox Searchlight’s romantic comedy 500 Days of Summer, sources say. Gordon-Levitt, who will next be seen in Paramount’s Iraq-war drama Stop-Loss (out March 28) will play a guy who falls in love with a girl (Deschanel, soon to appear in M. Night Shyamalan’s The Happening) who doesn’t believe in love. Acclaimed music video director Marc Webb will make his feature directorial debut from a script by Michael H. Weber and Scott Neustadter (The Pink Panther 2). The movie is expected to begin filming this spring. Fox Searchlight declined comment.
Zooey Deschanel and Joseph Gordon-Levitt in talks for '500 Days of Summer'
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Terminator: Genisys': What we saw on the set--and hints on new twists
- 'Party Down South 2' trailer: No sleep 'til Biloxi
- 'Game of Thrones' actors sign on for season 7, reportedly with huge raises
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' recap: 'Edward Mordrake, Part 2'
- 'Survivor' recap: The price of rice is right?
- Jim Carrey nails McConaughey voice again: 'All I gotta do is let go of the illusion that I exist'
- Spider-Man fans, take a good long look at Marvel's latest Summer '15 teaser
- 'Survivor': 3 Q's for Jeff Probst and an exclusive deleted scene
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' star joins Kevin Williamson's CBS drama pilot
- Videogame face-off: 'FIFA 10' vs. 'NBA2K10'
- Lily Rabe to appear on 'American Horror Story: Freak Show,' reprise 'Asylum' role
- This week's cover: First look at 'Terminator: Genisys'
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' movie rights acquired by Universal and Focus Features