It seems there is one good thing that came from Ben Stiller’s The Heartbreak Kid. Stiller saw the talent in his costar Rob Corddry and has now cast the actor in the new film Project A for New Line Cinema. (Stiller and partner Stuart Cornfeld are producing the film through their Red Hour Productions.) Corddry, a Daily Show alum whose film career has largely consisted of memorable costarring roles (Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay, Semi-Pro), will play John Smith, a man the U.S. government has engineered to be the biggest jerk in the world. They plan to use him as a weapon of mass annoyance by throwing him into a country to cause chaos. Etan Cohen (Tropic Thunder) wrote the script. A director is not yet attached.
Rob Corddry takes the lead in Ben Stiller's 'Project A'
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Sons of Anarchy' recap: 'Greensleeves'
- Nina Dobrev's crossover to 'The Originals': 5 new photos
- Disney animated films: Best/worst
- 'The Flash'; 'Agents of SHIELD'; 'The Voice'; 'Supernatural'; 'Marry Me'; more TV recaps
- Adrianne Palicki talks 'Agents of SHIELD' and Mockingbird: 'She's just a badass'
- First canceled show of 2014? Why networks are slow to drop ax this year
- 'Gilmore Girls': Amy Sherman-Palladino on how the 'thousand yellow daisies' scene grew
- Marvel on cryptic crossover art: 'Stay Tuned!' So, let's theorize...