It seems there is one good thing that came from Ben Stiller’s The Heartbreak Kid. Stiller saw the talent in his costar Rob Corddry and has now cast the actor in the new film Project A for New Line Cinema. (Stiller and partner Stuart Cornfeld are producing the film through their Red Hour Productions.) Corddry, a Daily Show alum whose film career has largely consisted of memorable costarring roles (Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay, Semi-Pro), will play John Smith, a man the U.S. government has engineered to be the biggest jerk in the world. They plan to use him as a weapon of mass annoyance by throwing him into a country to cause chaos. Etan Cohen (Tropic Thunder) wrote the script. A director is not yet attached.
Rob Corddry takes the lead in Ben Stiller's 'Project A'
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Bachelor' recap: Like a camping virgin
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' quick take: Mr. Trump fires another two
- TV pilots now in the works for fall 2015--do you spot any winners?
- Chevy Chase and Beverly D'Angelo comedy among 4 new ABC pilots
- NBC pilot orders for Monica Potter comedy, 'Sharing' from Jimmy Fallon
- 'Jane the Virgin'; 'Sleepy Hollow'; 'The Originals'; 'Gotham'; more TV recaps
- 'Secretary' re-release trailer/poster: 'Fifty Shades of Grey' roots are showing
- SAG and Producers Guild shake up Oscar odds in Best Picture, Best Actor races