It seems there is one good thing that came from Ben Stiller’s The Heartbreak Kid. Stiller saw the talent in his costar Rob Corddry and has now cast the actor in the new film Project A for New Line Cinema. (Stiller and partner Stuart Cornfeld are producing the film through their Red Hour Productions.) Corddry, a Daily Show alum whose film career has largely consisted of memorable costarring roles (Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay, Semi-Pro), will play John Smith, a man the U.S. government has engineered to be the biggest jerk in the world. They plan to use him as a weapon of mass annoyance by throwing him into a country to cause chaos. Etan Cohen (Tropic Thunder) wrote the script. A director is not yet attached.
Rob Corddry takes the lead in Ben Stiller's 'Project A'
Latest Videos in Movies
- Turkeys! 50 remarkable pop-culture flops
- 'Red Band Society' production halted after 13 episodes
- 'Survivor'; 'Red Band Society'; 'Kingdom'; more TV recaps
- 'Survivor': 3 Q's for Jeff Probst (plus a tease and deleted scene)
- 'Making of Peter Pan Live': 5 things we learned
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': New photos introduce us to Christian's mom, dad, and sister
- Thanksgiving family movie nights: Our most awkward choices...and yours?
- 'Arrow' preview: Laurel dresses the part of Black Canary, but 'a mask does not a hero make'
- And the 'Dancing With the Stars' season 19 winner is...
- 'Dancing With the Stars' season finale recap: A nail-biter till the very end
- Jennifer Aniston and Lisa Kudrow try to out-curse each other on 'Kimmel'
- 'Arrow': Despite Black Canary costume, Laurel is far from a hero
- Meet Christian Grey's family in new 'Fifty Shades' photos