It seems there is one good thing that came from Ben Stiller’s The Heartbreak Kid. Stiller saw the talent in his costar Rob Corddry and has now cast the actor in the new film Project A for New Line Cinema. (Stiller and partner Stuart Cornfeld are producing the film through their Red Hour Productions.) Corddry, a Daily Show alum whose film career has largely consisted of memorable costarring roles (Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay, Semi-Pro), will play John Smith, a man the U.S. government has engineered to be the biggest jerk in the world. They plan to use him as a weapon of mass annoyance by throwing him into a country to cause chaos. Etan Cohen (Tropic Thunder) wrote the script. A director is not yet attached.
Rob Corddry takes the lead in Ben Stiller's 'Project A'
- 'Amazing Race' recap: And the winners are...
- 'Gravity,' 'Her' share L.A. Critics' top prize
- '12 Years a Slave': Best Pic for Boston, N.Y. critics
- 'SNL' recap: 'Anchorman 2' and the boys
- 'Frozen' is weekend's No. 1 movie: $31.6M
- Kennedy Center Honors: D.C. salutes five artists
- 'Bonnie & Clyde': Nico Vega goes 'Bang Bang'
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' lingerie line in Sweden
- 'The Amazing Race' recap: The Final Frontier
- 'Homeland' recap: Loose Cannons
- 'SNL' recap: Paul Rudd brings a parade of surprise guest stars -- VIDEO
- Los Angeles Film Critics Awards: 'Gravity' ties with 'Her' for Best Picture, James Franco ties with Jared Leto
- 'Once Upon a Time' recap: Pain and Pan-ic