It seems there is one good thing that came from Ben Stiller’s The Heartbreak Kid. Stiller saw the talent in his costar Rob Corddry and has now cast the actor in the new film Project A for New Line Cinema. (Stiller and partner Stuart Cornfeld are producing the film through their Red Hour Productions.) Corddry, a Daily Show alum whose film career has largely consisted of memorable costarring roles (Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay, Semi-Pro), will play John Smith, a man the U.S. government has engineered to be the biggest jerk in the world. They plan to use him as a weapon of mass annoyance by throwing him into a country to cause chaos. Etan Cohen (Tropic Thunder) wrote the script. A director is not yet attached.
Rob Corddry takes the lead in Ben Stiller's 'Project A'
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Interstellar' review: Awe-fully sappy
- 'Scandal,' 'Walking Dead, 'Blacklist,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 13 movie creeps: Harmless to horrifying
- Reality TV: A genre running out of steam?
- Taylor Swift as an Pegacorn; Katy Perry as a Cheeto; more celeb Halloween costumes
- 'Today'/'GMA' Halloween: Lara Spencer as Prince George; Hoda and Kathie Lee in Wayne's World
- 'Simpsons' First Look: Jane Fonda as Mr. Burns' secret lover in new clip
- J.K. Rowling digs into Dolores Umbridge in new Pottermore story