It seems there is one good thing that came from Ben Stiller’s The Heartbreak Kid. Stiller saw the talent in his costar Rob Corddry and has now cast the actor in the new film Project A for New Line Cinema. (Stiller and partner Stuart Cornfeld are producing the film through their Red Hour Productions.) Corddry, a Daily Show alum whose film career has largely consisted of memorable costarring roles (Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay, Semi-Pro), will play John Smith, a man the U.S. government has engineered to be the biggest jerk in the world. They plan to use him as a weapon of mass annoyance by throwing him into a country to cause chaos. Etan Cohen (Tropic Thunder) wrote the script. A director is not yet attached.
Rob Corddry takes the lead in Ben Stiller's 'Project A'
Latest Videos in Movies
- '12 Years' writer John Ridley on buzz over Oscar speech
- 'Cosmos': Past vs. present, toward a better future?
- Lana Parrilla previews 'Once Upon a Time'
- Lena Dunham hosts 'SNL': 'Girls' night
- Oscars: What it's like to go with Jennifer Lawrence
- 'Amazing Race': Phil Keoghan previews Malaysia
- Seth MacFarlane: Inside the new 'Cosmos' ship
- 'Bachelor': Juan Pablo, we've seen this move before...
- Fox renews 'Mindy Project,' 'The Following,' more
- 'SNL' recap: Lena Dunham is just a girl, standing in front of an audience, asking them to like her
- Jennifer Lawrence's best friend wrote a behind-the-scenes account of Oscars night
- Stacy Keibler marries tech entrepreneur Jared Pobre
- 'Cosmos' then and now: The 'personal voyage' of Carl Sagan,…