Fashion designer Tom Ford will direct his first film, the indie production A Single Man. Based on the Christopher Isherwood novel of the same name, A Single Man will star Colin Firth, Julianne Moore, and Matthew Goode. Ford’s production company will produce the film along with the Weitz brothers’ company, Depth of Field. The story centers around a British college professor (Firth) who loses his partner of 16 years. Shooting is set to begin next month in Los Angeles.
Tom Ford to direct Colin Firth and Julianne Moore in 'A Single Man'
Latest Videos in Movies
- Reality TV's most appalling shows (so far)
- Coldplay brings new songs to SXSW
- 'Big Bang Theory' renewed for three more years
- 'L&O: SVU': Pablo Schreiber returning
- 'Tomorrow People': Looking for them on Mondays?
- Matthew McConaughey: How he got 'Alright' x 3
- 'Orphan Black'/Criminally Underrated gems: EW cover
- 'Orphan Black' exclusive: Three clones in one photo!
- 'The Flash' first full body costume photo
- Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelor' finale and 'After the Final Rose'
- This Week's Cover: Angelina Jolie is 'Maleficent'! An exclusive in-depth interview
- 'Game of Thrones' team: 7 seasons is the plan
- This Week's Cover: The criminally underrated 'Orphan Black'