Fashion designer Tom Ford will direct his first film, the indie production A Single Man. Based on the Christopher Isherwood novel of the same name, A Single Man will star Colin Firth, Julianne Moore, and Matthew Goode. Ford’s production company will produce the film along with the Weitz brothers’ company, Depth of Field. The story centers around a British college professor (Firth) who loses his partner of 16 years. Shooting is set to begin next month in Los Angeles.
Tom Ford to direct Colin Firth and Julianne Moore in 'A Single Man'
Latest Videos in Movies
- 20 most compelling actor/director teams now
- 'Big Brother' recap: Final three houseguests are...
- Sarah Paulson on 'AHS: Freak Show': 'something happens in the very first episode that's crazy'
- 'Red Band Society' debuts: First impressions?
- 'Top Chef Duels' recap: Nyesha Arrington vs. Jennifer Carroll
- Kunal Nayyar sings Boyz II Men on 'Queen Latifah Show': Sneak peek
- 'This Is Where I Leave You' review: Reunited and it feels so...schmaltzy
- 'Survivor' scouting report: John Rocker's plan if he's recognized?
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks
- 'The Walking Dead' star Andrew Lincoln says to fear the beard in season 5
- '7th Heaven' cast, minus Ruthie, reunites
- 'Breaking Bad,' 1 year later: Emmy-winning team tells 'Ozymandias' secrets
- 'AHS' star Sarah Paulson calls conjoined twins her 'craziest' role yet