Fashion designer Tom Ford will direct his first film, the indie production A Single Man. Based on the Christopher Isherwood novel of the same name, A Single Man will star Colin Firth, Julianne Moore, and Matthew Goode. Ford’s production company will produce the film along with the Weitz brothers’ company, Depth of Field. The story centers around a British college professor (Firth) who loses his partner of 16 years. Shooting is set to begin next month in Los Angeles.
Tom Ford to direct Colin Firth and Julianne Moore in 'A Single Man'
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' teaser 3: Most twisted yet
- 'New Girl' has a new guy: Julian Morris in recurring role
- 'Doctor Who' and the joys of sadness
- 'Revenge,' 'Criminal Minds,' 'Vampire Diaries,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'How to Train Your Dragon 2': Flying high globally, clipped wings in U.S.--so, was it a hit?
- Summer of Butts: A cheeky look at 2014 season's most distinguishing feature
- Norman Reedus' personal 'Walking Dead' photo album
- 'Walking Dead' cast reveals how they'd like their characters to die
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' exclusive: Watch the most twisted teaser yet!
- Entertainment Geekly: 'Doctor Who' is the saddest show on television
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Revenge,' 'Criminal Minds,' 'Vampire Diaries' and more
- On the Books: Bruce Springsteen's publishing a book about a bank-robbing baby
- Summer box office: Why didn't 'How to Train Your Dragon 2' fly higher?