Twilight scene-stealer Anna Kendrick (she plays Bella’s boy-crazy friend Jessica) has already earned the notice of more than just the series’ die-hard fans. The 23-year-old actress, who until now was best known for the indie comedy Rocket Science, has caught the eye of writer-director Jason Reitman (Juno) and his next leading man: George Clooney. Kendrick will star opposite Clooney in Up in the Air for Paramount Pictures, which is based on the 2001 novel by Walter Kirn. Clooney plays Ryan, an unapologetic corporate downsizer with an obsession for collecting frequent-flier miles, while Kendrick tackles the role of an an up-and-coming employees who threatens to ground Ryan’s quest for airline miles by automating his job. Looks like Kendrick’s career is taking flight.
'Twilight' scene-stealer Anna Kendrick to costar opposite George Clooney
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Revenge,' 'Criminal Minds,' 'Vampire Diaries,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Summer of Butts: A cheeky look at 2014 season's most distinguishing feature
- 'Game of Thrones' visual effects reel: Filling in Westeros' blanks
- 'How to Train Your Dragon 2': Flying high globally, clipped wings in U.S.--so, was it a hit?
- 'Doctor Who': Sam Anderson on his 'Into the Dalek' debut
- 'Doctor Who' and the joys of sadness
- 'Walking Dead': Behind-the-scenes at the EW cover photo shoot
- Norman Reedus' personal 'Walking Dead' photo album
- Jon Stewart says Hugh Grant was worst 'Daily Show' guest ever; Grant agrees
- On the Books: Bruce Springsteen's publishing a book about a bank-robbing baby
- Entertainment Geekly: 'Doctor Who' is the saddest show on television
- Norman Reedus' Personal 'Walking Dead' Photo Album
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' exclusive: Watch the most twisted teaser yet!