Online rumors that pop star Rihanna will play a “super sexy dominatrix” in a remake of The Last Dragon seem premature at best. Sony Pictures is working on a reboot of the 1983 cult classic with Samuel L. Jackson, but the studio has yet to secure a director and isn’t yet ready to cast the role originally played by Prince’s protégé Vanity. A source involved with the production says Rihanna is definitely one of the names on their short list of African-American pop artists. But, the source insists, there have been overtures from many different people interested in starring opposite Jackson in the project. If the producers can hire a director in the next month, the film could start shooting as early as summer.
Rihanna in 'The Last Dragon'? Maybe...
- Beyonce surprise: 'Visual Album' now on iTunes
- 'Grey's Anatomy' recap: 'Get Up, Stand Up'
- 'Scandal' recap: 'A Door Marked Exit'
- Tina + Amy: Darth Vader has two mommies?
- 'Vampire Diaries' recap: 'Fifty Shades of Grayson'
- Golden Globes: 16 snubs that bugged YOU
- Golden Globes TV noms: Nice surprises, nasty snubs
- 'Descendants': Disney villains as parents of teens?