Online rumors that pop star Rihanna will play a “super sexy dominatrix” in a remake of The Last Dragon seem premature at best. Sony Pictures is working on a reboot of the 1983 cult classic with Samuel L. Jackson, but the studio has yet to secure a director and isn’t yet ready to cast the role originally played by Prince’s protégé Vanity. A source involved with the production says Rihanna is definitely one of the names on their short list of African-American pop artists. But, the source insists, there have been overtures from many different people interested in starring opposite Jackson in the project. If the producers can hire a director in the next month, the film could start shooting as early as summer.
Rihanna in 'The Last Dragon'? Maybe...
Latest Videos in Movies
- 27 DreamWorks animated movies: We rank 'em
- 10 signs you're watching a Wes Anderson movie
- 'Vampire Diaries': A salute to Katherine
- 'Reign'-ing sound? TV tunes of the week
- Seth MacFarlane: Inside the new 'Cosmos' ship
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 5 ideas for Dr. Burke
- 8 TV stars who proved you can go home again
- 'Bachelor': Chris vs. Juan Pablo on Andi's exit
- 'Reign': Are the uncensored sex scenes all that different?
- Second time around: TV stars who reprised iconic roles
- Dr. Burke returns to 'Grey's Anatomy': What will happen?
- 'Vampire Diaries': Say goodbye to Katherine Pierce by reliving some of her best moments -- VIDEO
- 27 DreamWorks Animated Movies: We Rank 'em!