No, it’s not true — Paramount is not mounting an Oscar campaign for Jackass 3D. That Variety-style For Your Consideration advertisement filled with glowing review snippets (“A touching saga about a group of middle-aged pranksters trying to recapture their youth.” –Los Angeles Times) that’s been making the rounds on the Internet was just a joke to promote the film’s DVD release. Paramount tells EW it has no plans — at least not yet — to run the ad in the Hollywood trade publications alongside awards campaign ads for the likes of The Social Network and Black Swan. But they are pretty funny.
'Jackass 3D': For Your Consideration?
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Supernatural' spinoff gets new title
- '300: Rise of an Empire' is No. 1 Friday: $17.7M
- 'Bachelor': Clare and Juan Pablo find wedding song?
- 27 DreamWorks animated movies: We rank 'em
- 10 signs you're watching a Wes Anderson movie
- 'Vampire Diaries': A salute to Katherine
- 'Reign': What did 'uncensored' sex scenes add?
- Jon Favreau's 'Chef': Tasty starter for SXSW
- 'Reign': Are the uncensored sex scenes all that different?
- Second time around: TV stars who reprised iconic roles
- Fox renews 'Mindy Project,' 'The Following,' more
- Dr. Burke returns to 'Grey's Anatomy': What will happen?
- 'Vampire Diaries': Say goodbye to Katherine Pierce by reliving some of her best moments -- VIDEO