No, it’s not true — Paramount is not mounting an Oscar campaign for Jackass 3D. That Variety-style For Your Consideration advertisement filled with glowing review snippets (“A touching saga about a group of middle-aged pranksters trying to recapture their youth.” –Los Angeles Times) that’s been making the rounds on the Internet was just a joke to promote the film’s DVD release. Paramount tells EW it has no plans — at least not yet — to run the ad in the Hollywood trade publications alongside awards campaign ads for the likes of The Social Network and Black Swan. But they are pretty funny.
'Jackass 3D': For Your Consideration?
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Dancing With the Stars' recap: And the mirrorball goes to...
- 'The Flash'; 'Supernatural'; 'The Voice'; 'Mindy Project'; more TV recaps
- Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson breaks silence in ABC News interview
- Hugh Jackman welcomes(?) us to Neverland in 'Pan' trailer
- 'Jurassic World': Watch first full trailer
- Black Friday preview: Where to find deals on Blu-ray, books, videogames
- Jim Parsons gets a read on 1922 play 'Merton of the Movies': 'a very visceral link to the past'
- Jennifer Aniston vs. Lisa Kudrow: A little cussing among 'Friends'