No, it’s not true — Paramount is not mounting an Oscar campaign for Jackass 3D. That Variety-style For Your Consideration advertisement filled with glowing review snippets (“A touching saga about a group of middle-aged pranksters trying to recapture their youth.” –Los Angeles Times) that’s been making the rounds on the Internet was just a joke to promote the film’s DVD release. Paramount tells EW it has no plans — at least not yet — to run the ad in the Hollywood trade publications alongside awards campaign ads for the likes of The Social Network and Black Swan. But they are pretty funny.
'Jackass 3D': For Your Consideration?
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Fifty Shades' trailer: Let's take a closer look
- 'Community' back 'probably sometime after Christmas'
- Rick Yancey's 'The Infinite Sea': Read an excerpt
- Cosplay at Comic-Con '14: Day 1
- 'Community': Im-posters for 9 signature episodes
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': First trailer's here
- 'The Flash': Comic-Con's verdict?
- Wonder Woman: 13 looks since '42