No, it’s not true — Paramount is not mounting an Oscar campaign for Jackass 3D. That Variety-style For Your Consideration advertisement filled with glowing review snippets (“A touching saga about a group of middle-aged pranksters trying to recapture their youth.” –Los Angeles Times) that’s been making the rounds on the Internet was just a joke to promote the film’s DVD release. Paramount tells EW it has no plans — at least not yet — to run the ad in the Hollywood trade publications alongside awards campaign ads for the likes of The Social Network and Black Swan. But they are pretty funny.
'Jackass 3D': For Your Consideration?
Latest Videos in Movies
- EW's 2014 Summer Movie Awards
- Jennifer Lawrence and others' nude pics hacked?
- 'Houdini' react: Spymaster of illusion?
- 'Falling Skies' boss answers burning Q's about season 4 finale
- 20 best (and 10 worst) movie theme songs
- 14 worst jobs, as seen at the movies
- 'Dallas' star Patrick Duffy still has 'Man From Atlantis' eyes, recalls Lynda Carter crush
- Jennifer Garner and Denis Leary in 'Draft Day' scene you didn't see; watch it here