No, it’s not an Onion headline: Warner Bros. confirms to EW that Clint Eastwood is indeed in talks with the studio to direct a remake of the musical A Star is Born, and Beyoncé is in negotiations to star. (Deadline first reported the news.) At one point last year, Nick Cassavetes was reportedly attached to direct the third remake of the classic story (it’s best known for George Cukor’s 1954 version starring Judy Garland), with Beyoncé as the young starry-eyed ingénue and Russell Crowe playing the has-been who lends her a helping hand. Crowe has apparently fallen out of the picture. No word yet on who Eastwood is considering for the male lead.
Clint Eastwood in talks to direct Beyonce in 'A Star is Born' remake
Latest Videos in Movies
- Fox yanks 'Utopia' from Tuesday schedule
- Fall TV poll: First canceled show of 2014?
- Maleficent admirers pay tribute on 'Sleeping Beauty' Blu-ray: Sneak peek
- 'AHS: Freak Show' unveils creepy, stop-motion title sequence
- Sarah Silverman's 'SNL' promos: Who's ready for a 'Table Girl' sketch?
- 'Parenthood' sneak peek: Julia and Joel 'have to talk about us'
- J.K. Simmons toys with Miles Teller in 'Whiplash' scene
- 'Interstellar' trailer takes Matthew McConaughey and Anne Hathaway to a waterworld
- On the Books: Harry Potter collector sets Guinness World Record
- 'Sons of Anarchy' guest star Walton Goggins on that Venus-Tig moment
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Kurt Sutter, cast talk 'Poor Little Lambs' ending
- Which new fall show will be canceled first?
- 'Twilight Saga' returning with five short films on Facebook