No, it’s not an Onion headline: Warner Bros. confirms to EW that Clint Eastwood is indeed in talks with the studio to direct a remake of the musical A Star is Born, and Beyoncé is in negotiations to star. (Deadline first reported the news.) At one point last year, Nick Cassavetes was reportedly attached to direct the third remake of the classic story (it’s best known for George Cukor’s 1954 version starring Judy Garland), with Beyoncé as the young starry-eyed ingénue and Russell Crowe playing the has-been who lends her a helping hand. Crowe has apparently fallen out of the picture. No word yet on who Eastwood is considering for the male lead.
Jan 20 2011 11:45 PM ET
Clint Eastwood in talks to direct Beyonce in 'A Star is Born' remake
- Seth MacFarlane won't host '14 Oscars
- Jennifer Lawrence in 'X-Men': New photo
- 'Game of Thrones,' 'Mad Men': TV recaps
- 'Star Wars': New animation in fall '14
- 'SNL': New clue Jason Sudeikis to exit?
- 'Kinky Boots': Hear cast album!
- 'Celeb Apprentice': Mr. Trump has hired...
- Billboard Music Awards' best dressed?
Find Movies and Showtimes
Choose Your Movie