No, it’s not an Onion headline: Warner Bros. confirms to EW that Clint Eastwood is indeed in talks with the studio to direct a remake of the musical A Star is Born, and Beyoncé is in negotiations to star. (Deadline first reported the news.) At one point last year, Nick Cassavetes was reportedly attached to direct the third remake of the classic story (it’s best known for George Cukor’s 1954 version starring Judy Garland), with Beyoncé as the young starry-eyed ingénue and Russell Crowe playing the has-been who lends her a helping hand. Crowe has apparently fallen out of the picture. No word yet on who Eastwood is considering for the male lead.
Clint Eastwood in talks to direct Beyonce in 'A Star is Born' remake
Latest Videos in Movies
- Chris Harrison's 'Bachelorette' blog: 'Men Tell All'
- Anthony Hopkins joins HBO's 'Westworld'
- 'Simpsons' marathon promo: Can the world survive it?
- Prince George: We know THAT look...
- 'Walking Dead': Carol, Judith, Rick in 2 new pics
- 'Sons of Anarchy' ending: Kurt Sutter says...
- Kate Hudson shares her favorite 'Overboard' lines
- 'Arrow': 'We believe in accelerated storytelling'
- 'Two and a Half Men' final season to tackle 'gay' adoption 629
- 'Lost cause' 411
- Captain America is black, Thor is a woman, and Iron Man has a new costume: Witness Avengers NOW! 507
- 'Doctor Who': Which episode should newbies check out first? 421
- 'Dating Naked' reveals disappointingly small ratings 285
- Robert Downey, Jr. tops Forbes' list of highest paid actors once again
- 'The Walking Dead': See Carol, Judith and Rick in exclusive new season 5 images
- Why 'Rocky IV' is the best fight -- Ever!
- 'Sons of Anarchy' creator says series ending not yet decided
- Kacy Catanzaro would happily hit the 'American Ninja Warrior' obstacle course with Stephen Amell