No, it’s not an Onion headline: Warner Bros. confirms to EW that Clint Eastwood is indeed in talks with the studio to direct a remake of the musical A Star is Born, and Beyoncé is in negotiations to star. (Deadline first reported the news.) At one point last year, Nick Cassavetes was reportedly attached to direct the third remake of the classic story (it’s best known for George Cukor’s 1954 version starring Judy Garland), with Beyoncé as the young starry-eyed ingénue and Russell Crowe playing the has-been who lends her a helping hand. Crowe has apparently fallen out of the picture. No word yet on who Eastwood is considering for the male lead.
Clint Eastwood in talks to direct Beyonce in 'A Star is Born' remake
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Revenge,' 'Criminal Minds,' 'Vampire Diaries,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Summer of Butts: A cheeky look at 2014 season's most distinguishing feature
- 'Game of Thrones' visual effects reel: Filling in Westeros' blanks
- 'How to Train Your Dragon 2': Flying high globally, clipped wings in U.S.--so, was it a hit?
- 'Doctor Who': Sam Anderson on his 'Into the Dalek' debut
- 'Doctor Who' and the joys of sadness
- 'Walking Dead': Behind-the-scenes at the EW cover photo shoot
- Norman Reedus' personal 'Walking Dead' photo album
- Jon Stewart says Hugh Grant was worst 'Daily Show' guest ever; Grant agrees
- On the Books: Bruce Springsteen's publishing a book about a bank-robbing baby
- Norman Reedus' Personal 'Walking Dead' Photo Album
- Entertainment Geekly: 'Doctor Who' is the saddest show on television
- 'Walking Dead': New EW Character Portraits