No, it’s not an Onion headline: Warner Bros. confirms to EW that Clint Eastwood is indeed in talks with the studio to direct a remake of the musical A Star is Born, and Beyoncé is in negotiations to star. (Deadline first reported the news.) At one point last year, Nick Cassavetes was reportedly attached to direct the third remake of the classic story (it’s best known for George Cukor’s 1954 version starring Judy Garland), with Beyoncé as the young starry-eyed ingénue and Russell Crowe playing the has-been who lends her a helping hand. Crowe has apparently fallen out of the picture. No word yet on who Eastwood is considering for the male lead.
Clint Eastwood in talks to direct Beyonce in 'A Star is Born' remake
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Interstellar' review: Awe-fully sappy
- 'Simpsons' First Look: Jane Fonda as Mr. Burns' secret lover in new clip
- 13 movie creeps: Harmless to horrifying
- Reality TV: A genre running out of steam?
- Taylor Swift as an Pegacorn; Katy Perry as a Cheeto; more celeb Halloween costumes
- 'Today'/'GMA' Halloween: Lara Spencer as Prince George; Hoda and Kathie Lee in Wayne's World
- J.K. Rowling digs into Dolores Umbridge in new Pottermore story
- 'Sons of Anarchy' wraps series finale, team shares pics from set