No, it’s not an Onion headline: Warner Bros. confirms to EW that Clint Eastwood is indeed in talks with the studio to direct a remake of the musical A Star is Born, and Beyoncé is in negotiations to star. (Deadline first reported the news.) At one point last year, Nick Cassavetes was reportedly attached to direct the third remake of the classic story (it’s best known for George Cukor’s 1954 version starring Judy Garland), with Beyoncé as the young starry-eyed ingénue and Russell Crowe playing the has-been who lends her a helping hand. Crowe has apparently fallen out of the picture. No word yet on who Eastwood is considering for the male lead.
Clint Eastwood in talks to direct Beyonce in 'A Star is Born' remake
Latest Videos in Movies
- Mike Nichols, veteran director and Emmy/Grammy/Oscar/Tony winner, dies at 83
- Jon Hamm returning to 'Parks and Recreation'
- 'SNL': Amy Adams-One Direction; James Franco-Nicki Minaj; Martin Freeman-Charli XCX in December
- 'Cups' returns in 'Pitch Perfect 2' trailer
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' First Look: 10 photos from the movie and on the set
- 'Pitch Perfect 2': 10 things you need to know about the sequel
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' stars sparkle in new EW portraits
- 'Gotham' boss: 'We want to establish the canonical Gotham--and then start messing with people's minds'