No, it’s not an Onion headline: Warner Bros. confirms to EW that Clint Eastwood is indeed in talks with the studio to direct a remake of the musical A Star is Born, and Beyoncé is in negotiations to star. (Deadline first reported the news.) At one point last year, Nick Cassavetes was reportedly attached to direct the third remake of the classic story (it’s best known for George Cukor’s 1954 version starring Judy Garland), with Beyoncé as the young starry-eyed ingénue and Russell Crowe playing the has-been who lends her a helping hand. Crowe has apparently fallen out of the picture. No word yet on who Eastwood is considering for the male lead.
Clint Eastwood in talks to direct Beyonce in 'A Star is Born' remake
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Bachelor' recap: Like a camping virgin
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' quick take: Mr. Trump fires another two
- TV pilots now in the works for fall 2015--do you spot any winners?
- Chevy Chase and Beverly D'Angelo comedy among 4 new ABC pilots
- NBC pilot orders for Monica Potter comedy, 'Sharing' from Jimmy Fallon
- 'Jane the Virgin'; 'Sleepy Hollow'; 'The Originals'; 'Gotham'; more TV recaps
- 'Secretary' re-release trailer/poster: 'Fifty Shades of Grey' roots are showing
- SAG and Producers Guild shake up Oscar odds in Best Picture, Best Actor races