No, it’s not an Onion headline: Warner Bros. confirms to EW that Clint Eastwood is indeed in talks with the studio to direct a remake of the musical A Star is Born, and Beyoncé is in negotiations to star. (Deadline first reported the news.) At one point last year, Nick Cassavetes was reportedly attached to direct the third remake of the classic story (it’s best known for George Cukor’s 1954 version starring Judy Garland), with Beyoncé as the young starry-eyed ingénue and Russell Crowe playing the has-been who lends her a helping hand. Crowe has apparently fallen out of the picture. No word yet on who Eastwood is considering for the male lead.
Clint Eastwood in talks to direct Beyonce in 'A Star is Born' remake
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Outlander'; 'Doctor Who': TV recaps
- Polly Bergen, actress/singer, dies at 84
- 'Once Upon a Time' boss on 'Frozen' references: 'We want it to feel organic'
- Kim Kardashian as clingy extra-terrestrial hairball on 'American Dad': First Look
- 'Sleepy Hollow' sneak peek: Ichabod Crane meets a naked Ben Franklin
- J.Lo and Iggy Azalea extend the Summer of Butts with 'Booty' remix video
- 'Super Smash Bros.': The best/worst thing ever to happen to Nintendo
- 'Vampire Diaries,' 'Once Upon a Time,' 'Castle,' more fresh TV spoilers