No, it’s not an Onion headline: Warner Bros. confirms to EW that Clint Eastwood is indeed in talks with the studio to direct a remake of the musical A Star is Born, and Beyoncé is in negotiations to star. (Deadline first reported the news.) At one point last year, Nick Cassavetes was reportedly attached to direct the third remake of the classic story (it’s best known for George Cukor’s 1954 version starring Judy Garland), with Beyoncé as the young starry-eyed ingénue and Russell Crowe playing the has-been who lends her a helping hand. Crowe has apparently fallen out of the picture. No word yet on who Eastwood is considering for the male lead.
Clint Eastwood in talks to direct Beyonce in 'A Star is Born' remake
Latest Videos in Movies
- Lea Michele to guest on 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Comic-Con '14: Eye on day 3 panels
- Comic-Con '14: Celebs make the rounds, day 3
- 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover: Watch 5 minutes
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits: Day 3
- 'Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies': New teaser
- 'True Blood' postmortem: Inside the twists of 'Karma'
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay': First teaser trailer