The King’s Speech has 12 Oscar nominations, The Weinstein Company is considering ways to translate that ringing industry endorsement into more box-office. According to the Los Angeles Times, TWC is contemplating excising some of the coarse language that earned the film its R rating for a recut PG-13 version that would hit theaters in late February. TWC was upset by the MPAA’s decision to stamp the film with an R, and though the film has grossed $58 million already, there is the feeling that the exclusionary rating has cost the film money. Director Tom Hooper has not yet publicly commented on the proposal to edit the film.Now that
'The King's Speech' to get PG-13 re-release?
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': First trailer's here
- Comic-Con 2014 Preview Night: And we're off...
- 'Constantine': Comic-Con's verdict?
- 'Ant-Man' Comic-Con poster: First Look
- 'Lucy': EW movie review
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': 2 concept art posters
- Comic-Con: Norman Reedus as Marshmallow Man?
- Sigourney Weaver is digital Ripley in 'Alien' game