The King’s Speech has 12 Oscar nominations, The Weinstein Company is considering ways to translate that ringing industry endorsement into more box-office. According to the Los Angeles Times, TWC is contemplating excising some of the coarse language that earned the film its R rating for a recut PG-13 version that would hit theaters in late February. TWC was upset by the MPAA’s decision to stamp the film with an R, and though the film has grossed $58 million already, there is the feeling that the exclusionary rating has cost the film money. Director Tom Hooper has not yet publicly commented on the proposal to edit the film.Now that
'The King's Speech' to get PG-13 re-release?
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Colbert Report' wraps with an immortal, star-studded finale
- 25 best 'Stephen Colbert' moments
- Stephen Colbert's 6 most awkward in-character interviews
- 'White Collar': Perfect 'Au Revoir' to our favorite con artist?
- 'Suits' promo reveals Louis' next move
- 'Game of Thrones' refashions Arya's look
- Neil Patrick Harris arrives at the freak show in 'American Horror Story' promo
- 'Project Runway All Stars'; 'AHS: Freak Show'; 'Survivor'; more TV recaps
- 'The Colbert Report' wraps up with an immortal, star-studded finale
- Louis' next move revealed in 'Suits' promo -- exclusive
- 'The Walking Dead' star Andrew Lincoln talks 'cruel' twist and reveals the true meaning behind the 'shut…
- 'White Collar' series finale: The perfect goodbye to our favorite con artist
- 'The Walking Dead' showrunner Scott M. Gimple answers midseason finale burning questions