At a tribute for Christopher Nolan at the Santa Barbara Film Festival Sunday night, the Inception director revealed that his third Batman film, The Dark Knight Rises, will begin production in May, according to ComingSoon.net. “We’ve worked on it a long time — [writer] David Goyer and myself. We’re about 12 weeks away from shooting.” Nolan also told the moderator that he ultimately returned for a third and, most likely, final Batman film, because, “It was about finishing the story.”
Christopher Nolan: 'Dark Knight Rises' shoots in May
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy': How big at the box office?
- 'The Killing': Binging? Read our recaps of episodes 1-4
- 'Big Brother' recap: Evicted houseguest is...
- 'Project Runway' recap: Unconventional movie night
- 'Honorable Woman': Thriller deals deftly with a complex subject
- 'The Quest' premiere: Bored game
- Comic-Con: Why Team 'Twilight' made it better
- DC Comics characters we'd invite to the 'Arrow'/'Flash' party
- STAHP in the name of love 966
- DON'T PUBLISH See FIVE minutes of the 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover episode -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO 596
- Enough, already: Why I'm quitting 'The Leftovers' 460
- Quentin Tarantino, J.J. Abrams and other directors are working to save movie film 346
- Box office report: 'Lucy' slays 'Hercules' with $44 million debut 285
- Quentin Tarantino, J.J. Abrams, and other directors are trying to save Kodak
- Dick Smith, makeup artist of 'The Godfather,' 'The Exorcist': A tribute
- Box office preview: 'Guardians of the Galaxy' aims for a cosmic debut
- Other DC Comics characters we want on 'Arrow' and 'The Flash'
- Sony releases surprise NSync album; NSync is surprised