What will be the movie that finally gets you to convert to Blu-ray if you haven’t already? If you’re a Harry Potter fan, it could be the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows — Part 1, which hits shelves April 15. Watch the promo below, which teases the hours of extras available only on the Blu-ray combo pack (that includes Blu-ray, DVD, and digital copies). The DVD will boast deleted scenes, but the Blu-ray comes loaded with those plus:
• An exclusive sneak peek of an opening scene from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows — Part 2, which hits theaters July 15
• “Maximum Movie Mode”: An interactive journey through the movie hosted by Jason Isaacs (Lucius Malfoy), and including other cast and crew, which also revisits important moments from the previous films to prepare us for the final battle. (Quicker than rereading!)
• ”Dan, Rupert and Emma’s Running Competition”: Director David Yates provides commentary for the “hilarious rivalry” that the three leads engaged in while filming the escape scene from the Snatchers in Swinley Forest. (This sounds even better than “Taylor Time” on The Twilight Saga: Eclipse DVD, which was what they dubbed the moments in the making-of documentary when Taylor Lautner was shown catching grapes in his mouth thrown from people like Kristen Stewart and director David Slade’s assistant from great distances.)
• “On the Green with Rupert, Tom, Oliver and James”: Cameras follow Rupert Grint, Tom Felton, Oliver Phelps (George Weasley) and James Phelps (Fred Weasley) for a round of golf to profile the friendship they developed over a decade of filming Harry Potter movies. Fun.
• “The Seven Harrys”: A look at Daniel Radcliffe’s method for recreating the personalities of the different characters for the Privet Drive scene, as well as the visual effects. (Read: Shirtless Radcliffe.)
• A plug for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter that includes footage of Radcliffe, Grint, Watson, and other cast members enjoying their first visits for the grand opening
• A “Behind the Soundtrack” extra