Because of the threat of tsunami warnings — brought upon by Japan’s 8.9 magnitude earthquake — the cast and crew of Breaking Dawn had to evacuate from their their production location of Tofino, part of the Vancouver Island beach area. As a result, production on the film has been halted. Here’s the official statement from Summit Entertainment: “Due to the tsunami advisory, filming of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn has been delayed. All cast and crew were evacuated to the movie production’s base camp. Everyone is safe and sound.”
- 'Star Trek' No. 1 on Friday: $22M
- 'SNL': All Stefon's 'N.Y.'s hottest clubs'
- KROQ Weenie Roast concert: Watch live
- Kanye video projected onto 66 buildings
- Shonda Rhimes talks 'Grey's' finale
- 'Voice': Team Xtina or Team Shakira?
- 'Office' finale reaction: Yay or nay?
- 'Office' ratings surge for series finale
Find Movies and Showtimes
Choose Your Movie