Lionsgate has pulled the Katherine Heigl comedy thriller One for the Money from its summer slate to an undetermined date this year. The film, based on the popular Janet Evanovich novels about bail bondswoman Stephanie Plum, had been moved from July 8 to June 3 earlier this month to keep it out of the way of Sony Pictures’ The Zookeeper and Warner Bros.’ Horrible Bosses (both comedies). The June date, however, placed the film against Fox’s superhero mega-prequel X-Men: First Class. “We just want to find the right home for [the film],” a Lionsgate rep tells EW, “and that [date] didn’t feel like it.” (Reporting by Josh Rottenberg)
Katherine Heigl vehicle 'One for the Money' taken off summer schedule
Latest Videos in Movies
- Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson breaks silence in ABC News interview
- 'The Voice' recap: Meet the top 8
- Jim Parsons gets a read on 1922 play 'Merton of the Movies': 'a very visceral link to the past'
- 'Jurassic World': Watch first full trailer
- Hugh Jackman welcomes(?) us to Neverland in 'Pan' trailer
- Black Friday preview: Where to find deals on Blu-ray, books, videogames
- Jennifer Aniston vs. Lisa Kudrow: A little cussing among 'Friends'
- 8 simple Netflix tricks to try this weekend (from TIME)