The Man of Steel now has an enemy: Warner Bros. announced Sunday that they’ve locked in the Oscar-nominated Michael Shannon (Revolutionary Road) to play General Zod opposite Henry Cavill’s Superman in the reboot. Director Zack Snyder said in a release from the studio: “Zod is not only one of Superman’s most formidable enemies, but one of the most significant because he has insights into Superman others don’t. Michael is a powerful actor who can project both the intelligence and the malice of the character, making him perfect for the role.” Shannon joins an already Oscar-friendly cast that includes Diane Lane and Kevin Costner as Martha and Jonathan Kent, and Amy Adams as Lois Lane.
Apr 10 2011 04:53 PM ET
'Superman': Michael Shannon set as General Zod
- 'Dancing With the Stars' champs are...
- CBS takes 2012-13 ratings crown from Fox
- 'Voice' dedicates song to tornado victims
- Justin Bieber booed: Will he listen?
- Bon Jovi to Bieber: Don't be late!
- 'Criminal Minds' season finale peek
- 'Buffy': 10th anniversary of series finale
- Microsoft debuts next-gen Xbox One
Find Movies and Showtimes
Choose Your Movie