The Man of Steel now has an enemy: Warner Bros. announced Sunday that they’ve locked in the Oscar-nominated Michael Shannon (Revolutionary Road) to play General Zod opposite Henry Cavill’s Superman in the reboot. Director Zack Snyder said in a release from the studio: “Zod is not only one of Superman’s most formidable enemies, but one of the most significant because he has insights into Superman others don’t. Michael is a powerful actor who can project both the intelligence and the malice of the character, making him perfect for the role.” Shannon joins an already Oscar-friendly cast that includes Diane Lane and Kevin Costner as Martha and Jonathan Kent, and Amy Adams as Lois Lane.
'Superman': Michael Shannon set as General Zod
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': First trailer's here
- Batman's new cowl is Comic-Con eye candy
- Comic-Con 2014 Preview Night: And we're off...
- 'Ant-Man' Comic-Con poster: First Look
- 'Constantine': Comic-Con's verdict?
- 'Lucy': EW movie review
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': 2 concept art posters
- Comic-Con: Norman Reedus as Marshmallow Man?