The Man of Steel now has an enemy: Warner Bros. announced Sunday that they’ve locked in the Oscar-nominated Michael Shannon (Revolutionary Road) to play General Zod opposite Henry Cavill’s Superman in the reboot. Director Zack Snyder said in a release from the studio: “Zod is not only one of Superman’s most formidable enemies, but one of the most significant because he has insights into Superman others don’t. Michael is a powerful actor who can project both the intelligence and the malice of the character, making him perfect for the role.” Shannon joins an already Oscar-friendly cast that includes Diane Lane and Kevin Costner as Martha and Jonathan Kent, and Amy Adams as Lois Lane.
'Superman': Michael Shannon set as General Zod
Latest Videos in Movies
- Chris Hardwick shares his Comic-Con '14 photo diary
- 'Doctor Who': 12 episodes you'd pick to get a newbie hooked
- 'Bachelor In Paradise': Ben Scott's deleted 'redemption story' clip
- Ben Stiller's 'Running Wild with Bear Grylls': A sneak peek
- Allison Williams as Peter Pan: Why we're rooting for her
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' review: Idiots delight
- 'Into the Woods' teaser: No one sings, everyone wishes
- E.T. phone 911: See trailer for alien horror film 'Extraterrestrial'