.” Both actors appeared in Nolan’s 2010 smash Inception. They’ll join Anne Hathaway (playing Selina Kyle) and fellow Inception alum Tom Hardy (playing the villain Bane), who were formally cast in January.
'The Dark Knight Rises' officially adds Marion Cotillard, Joseph Gordon-Levitt to cast
Warner Bros. has announced the official casting of Oscar winner Marion Cotillard and Joseph-Gordon Levitt in Christopher Nolan's third Batman film, The Dark Knight Rises. Cotillard will play Miranda Tate, described as "a Wayne Industries board member eager to help a still-grieving Bruce Wayne [played by Christian Bale] resume his father's philanthropic endeavors for Gotham." Gordon-Levitt will play John Blake, described as "a Gotham City beat cop assigned to special duty under the command of Commissioner Gordon [played by Gary Oldman]
Latest Videos in Movies
- Oscar buzz: Sizing up the contenders after Toronto
- 'Gotham' up, 'Selfie' down? Insiders predict fall TV rookie prospects
- Ernie Hudson tells us 'Ghostbusters' stories at key NYC locations
- Danai Gurira talks 'Walking Dead': 'The Michonne wig transforms me'
- 'Big Brother' eviction: 3 Q's for Julie Chen
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani rise to Jimmy Fallon's lip sync challenge
- 'Voice' preview: 'Oprah, Yoda, and Quincy Jones in a blender is literally Pharrell'
- 'Big Brother'; 'Red Band Society'; 'Top Chef Duels' recaps
- Insiders predict which new shows will be hits (and flops)
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks
- Frankie of 'Big Brother' says he does not regret pushing the Rewind button and wants to marry Zach
- 'Big Brother' recap: Red Dead Beast Mode
- '7th Heaven' cast, minus Ruthie, reunites