.” Both actors appeared in Nolan’s 2010 smash Inception. They’ll join Anne Hathaway (playing Selina Kyle) and fellow Inception alum Tom Hardy (playing the villain Bane), who were formally cast in January.
'The Dark Knight Rises' officially adds Marion Cotillard, Joseph Gordon-Levitt to cast
Warner Bros. has announced the official casting of Oscar winner Marion Cotillard and Joseph-Gordon Levitt in Christopher Nolan's third Batman film, The Dark Knight Rises. Cotillard will play Miranda Tate, described as "a Wayne Industries board member eager to help a still-grieving Bruce Wayne [played by Christian Bale] resume his father's philanthropic endeavors for Gotham." Gordon-Levitt will play John Blake, described as "a Gotham City beat cop assigned to special duty under the command of Commissioner Gordon [played by Gary Oldman]
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'SNL' preview: Third time's the charm for Jim Carrey?
- 'Doctor Who'; 'Amazing Race'; 'Constantine'; more TV recaps
- Kids and coots: Movies' unlikeliest buddies?
- Bill Murray: 11 personas he's perfected
- 37 'sexy' Halloween costumes?
- 'Blacklist' cues up Cloud Cult, more of the week's best music on TV
- Regina Spektor's 'Love Me or Leave Me' from 'Boardwalk Empire': Hear it
- Monica Potter describes her perfect 'Parenthood' ending