Warner Bros. has announced the official casting of Oscar winner Marion Cotillard and Joseph-Gordon Levitt in Christopher Nolan’s third Batman film, The Dark Knight Rises. Cotillard will play Miranda Tate, described as “a Wayne Industries board member eager to help a still-grieving Bruce Wayne [played by Christian Bale] resume his father’s philanthropic endeavors for Gotham.” Gordon-Levitt will play John Blake, described as “a Gotham City beat cop assigned to special duty under the command of Commissioner Gordon [played by Gary Oldman].” Both actors appeared in Nolan’s 2010 smash Inception. They’ll join Anne Hathaway (playing Selina Kyle) and fellow Inception alum Tom Hardy (playing the villain Bane), who were formally cast in January.
Apr 19 2011 02:11 PM ET
'The Dark Knight Rises' officially adds Marion Cotillard, Joseph Gordon-Levitt to cast
- 'Voice' season 4: And the winner is...
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' top 20 is...
- 'Channing All Over Your Tatum': Kimmel clip
- Selma Blair exits 'Anger Management'
- Miss USA 2013: Our recap in pictures
- Armie Hammer: No 'Fifty Shades' for me
- 'Dumb and Dumber' sequel finds new home
- 'Man of Steel' gets religion?
Find Movies and Showtimes
Choose Your Movie