This will definitely not be your father’s Peter Pan. EW has confirmed that Aaron Eckhart has signed on to play Hook in Pan, a modern update of the beloved J.M. Barrie stories about the boy who would not grow up. Eckhart, however, won’t be the bad guy. Instead, he’ll play a former detective who is chasing a notorious and childlike kidnapper — wonder who that would be — and Soul Surfer star AnnaSophia Robb has signed on to play Wendy, the only kid to survive her abduction by the fiend. Sean Bean (HBO’s Game of Thrones) will play Smee, a detective still on the police force and Hook’s one ally. The independent film will begin shooting in Europe this fall, with videogame and feature film visual effects animator Ben Hibon making his feature directing debut.
Aaron Eckhart is set to play heroic Hook in dark update of 'Peter Pan'
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Fifty Shades' trailer: Let's take a closer look
- 'Community' back 'probably sometime after Christmas'
- Rick Yancey's 'The Infinite Sea': Read an excerpt
- Cosplay at Comic-Con '14: Day 1
- 'Community': Im-posters for 9 signature episodes
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': First trailer's here
- 'The Flash': Comic-Con's verdict?
- Wonder Woman: 13 looks since '42