John Cho (Star Trek) has joined Total Recall, Sony’s remake of the 1990 Arnold Schwarzenegger sci-fi action film that begins shooting Monday in Toronto. Cho will play McClane, the smooth-talking rep for the mind-messing company that tempts Colin Farrell’s Douglas Quaid to implant fantastic memories into his brain. Kate Beckinsale and Jessica Biel, as the Hollywood Reporter and Collider.com reported, will play Quaid’s wife and his revolutionary girlfriend, respectively. Bryan Cranston has been cast as the futuristic villain played by Ronny Cox in the original film, and Ethan Hawke will have a small role as well. Bill Nighy, who worked with Recall‘s director Len Wiseman on the Underworld franchise, remains in talks, reportedly to play the revolutionary hero, Kuato.
John Cho signs on for 'Total Recall' -- EXCLUSIVE
- 'Duck Dynasty' family: No Phil, no show?
- 'X Factor': And the winner is...
- 50 TV series' best and worst episodes of 2013
- 'Anchorman 2': Big news at box office?
- 'Community': 'Toon in for 'Miracle on Jeff's Street'
- 'Supernatural' boss on fallout from shocker
- Jennifer Lawrence in 'Sex Toy Story'
- 'Saving Mr. Banks': March of the Dancing Penguins