John Cho (Star Trek) has joined Total Recall, Sony’s remake of the 1990 Arnold Schwarzenegger sci-fi action film that begins shooting Monday in Toronto. Cho will play McClane, the smooth-talking rep for the mind-messing company that tempts Colin Farrell’s Douglas Quaid to implant fantastic memories into his brain. Kate Beckinsale and Jessica Biel, as the Hollywood Reporter and Collider.com reported, will play Quaid’s wife and his revolutionary girlfriend, respectively. Bryan Cranston has been cast as the futuristic villain played by Ronny Cox in the original film, and Ethan Hawke will have a small role as well. Bill Nighy, who worked with Recall‘s director Len Wiseman on the Underworld franchise, remains in talks, reportedly to play the revolutionary hero, Kuato.
John Cho signs on for 'Total Recall' -- EXCLUSIVE
Latest Videos in Movies
- Johnny Depp: 20 hair dos and don'ts
- 'Office' series finale: Handled with Carell
- 'Castle' goes '70s: Foxy Lanie!
- Natalie Dormer talks Margaery (and a little Cressida)
- 'Friday Night Lights': Going out on top
- 'Southland' movie? Here's what we'd want to see
- 'Transcendence': EW movie review
- 'Heaven Is for Real': EW movie review
- George R.R. Martin reveals what a full-sized dragon looks like
- 'Parks and Recreation' finale: 'Workaholics' star Blake Anderson to guest -- EXCLUSIVE
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes
- Lindsay Lohan says 'sex list' is real, but there's an unfortunate reason…
- 'Scandal' season finale recap: 'I'm the Scandal'