Turns out the British tabloids aren’t always wrong. EW has confirmed reports in Rupert Murdoch’s News of the World earlier today that actress Naomie Harris (Pirates of the Caribbean, 28 Days Later) is being considered to star as a Bond girl in Bond 23, the stand-in title for the long-delayed, soon-to-shoot 007 movie. A spokesperson for Eon Productions, Bond’s home, tells EW that Harris has indeed met with the filmmakers, although no deals have yet been struck. Beyond that, all we know about the film is that Sam Mendes will direct, Daniel Craig will return as Bond for the third time, and Judi Dench will be back as M. Although EW has not confirmed it, the British tabs have also reported that offers to play the villain have gone out to Javier Bardem and Ralph Fiennes. Who knows? Maybe they’re right about that too.
Naomie Harris in talks to be a Bond girl in 'Bond 23'
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'The Interview' nixed for Xmas theatrical release by Sony
- 'Survivor' host Jeff Probst previews finale, names two odds-on favorites to win
- 'Sing-Off' holiday special: Scoop on the groups
- Michael Buble talks Xmas special: 'most challenging thing I do each year'
- Eliza Taylor on 'The 100' approaching the midseason Finn-ish line
- Peter Jackson and 'The Hobbit': Three-peating himself--until one shining moment at the end?
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens': 10 things Andy Serkis can say now
- 'Mythbusters' to test 'Simpsons': 'We ended up building two replicas of the Springfield house'
- 'The Voice' Season 7 winner is...
- 'The Voice' season finale recap: Live Finale
- Jason Reitman re-staging 'The Empire Strikes Back' with Aaron…
- 'Survivor' host Jeff Probst names the two favorites to win heading into tonight's finale
- Check out the exclusive first 'Orphan Black' season 3 image (with intel from creator Graeme Manson)