Turns out the British tabloids aren’t always wrong. EW has confirmed reports in Rupert Murdoch’s News of the World earlier today that actress Naomie Harris (Pirates of the Caribbean, 28 Days Later) is being considered to star as a Bond girl in Bond 23, the stand-in title for the long-delayed, soon-to-shoot 007 movie. A spokesperson for Eon Productions, Bond’s home, tells EW that Harris has indeed met with the filmmakers, although no deals have yet been struck. Beyond that, all we know about the film is that Sam Mendes will direct, Daniel Craig will return as Bond for the third time, and Judi Dench will be back as M. Although EW has not confirmed it, the British tabs have also reported that offers to play the villain have gone out to Javier Bardem and Ralph Fiennes. Who knows? Maybe they’re right about that too.
Naomie Harris in talks to be a Bond girl in 'Bond 23'
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Walking Dead': See 4 new EW collector's covers
- 'Survivor': Ex-MLB pitcher John Rocker and girlfriend to play
- MTV's 'Are You the One?' season 2: Meet the cast, first twist revealed
- 'Transparent' First Look: 'Dad is a woman'
- 'Pretty Little Liars'; 'Bachelor in Paradise' recaps
- Kristin Bauer van Straten returning to 'Once Upon a Time' as Maleficent
- 'Sons of Anarchy' shares new, appropriately unsettling photos and portraits
- Chris Harrison on 'Bachelor in Paradise' episode 5 arrivals and departures
- New 'Sons of Anarchy' photos are appropriately unsettling
- 'True Blood' star Kristin Bauer van Straten returning to 'Once Upon a Time' for major arc
- New 'Survivor' cast boasts MLB pitcher John Rocker, Spider-Man actor, and 'Amazing Race' twins
- 'Pretty Little Liars' season finale recap: 'Taking This One to the Grave'
- Watch Sara Bareilles sing 'Smile' for the Emmys' In Memoriam segment