Jeff Probst’s new talk show isn’t the only piece of host news today. Open Road Films announced that Andrew Niccol’s adaptation of The Host — Stephenie Meyer’s 2008 sci-fi novel — will be at your local cineplex on March 29, 2013. The film stars Saoirse Ronan as a twentysomething whose body is taken over by the soul of an alien. It will begin shooting in Louisiana and New Mexico in February. Will the film be infected by the same fever that surrounded the adaptation of Meyer’s other hit novel, Twilight?
Theaters to host 'The Host' in spring 2013
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Sons of Anarchy' wraps series finale, team shares pics from set
- 31 scariest movies of all time: Chris Nashawaty's picks
- 17 creepiest TV shows
- 'How to Get Away With Murder': Talk about 'Freakin' Whack-a-Mole' surprises
- 'Scandal'; 'Vampire Diaries'; 'Reign'; more TV recaps
- 'Big Bang Theory'; 'Project Runway All Stars'; 'Graceland'; more TV recaps
- 'Modern Family' Halloween: Welcome to AwesomeLand
- Maggie Gyllenhaal and Ewan McGregor in 'The Real Thing': EW stage review
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' star joins Kevin Williamson's CBS drama pilot
- Get an exclusive first look at 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies'
- Lily Rabe to appear on 'American Horror Story: Freak Show,' reprise 'Asylum' role
- Videogame face-off: 'FIFA 10' vs. 'NBA2K10'
- Children of the Revolution: An exclusive first look at 'Terminator: Genisys'