Jeff Probst’s new talk show isn’t the only piece of host news today. Open Road Films announced that Andrew Niccol’s adaptation of The Host — Stephenie Meyer’s 2008 sci-fi novel — will be at your local cineplex on March 29, 2013. The film stars Saoirse Ronan as a twentysomething whose body is taken over by the soul of an alien. It will begin shooting in Louisiana and New Mexico in February. Will the film be infected by the same fever that surrounded the adaptation of Meyer’s other hit novel, Twilight?
Theaters to host 'The Host' in spring 2013
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' teaser 3: Most twisted yet
- 'New Girl' has a new guy: Julian Morris in recurring role
- 'Doctor Who' and the joys of sadness
- 'Revenge,' 'Criminal Minds,' 'Vampire Diaries,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'How to Train Your Dragon 2': Flying high globally, clipped wings in U.S.--so, was it a hit?
- Summer of Butts: A cheeky look at 2014 season's most distinguishing feature
- Norman Reedus' personal 'Walking Dead' photo album
- 'Walking Dead' cast reveals how they'd like their characters to die
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' exclusive: Watch the most twisted teaser yet!
- Entertainment Geekly: 'Doctor Who' is the saddest show on television
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Revenge,' 'Criminal Minds,' 'Vampire Diaries' and more
- On the Books: Bruce Springsteen's publishing a book about a bank-robbing baby
- Summer box office: Why didn't 'How to Train Your Dragon 2' fly higher?