Seven months before The Hunger Games bursts into theaters, Lionsgate has already announced the release date for its sequel. Catching Fire, based on the second book in Suzanne Collins’ bestselling trilogy will debut on Nov. 22, 2013. “The magical thing about the Hunger Games trilogy is that the books have such a vastly broad appeal,” said Joe Drake, co-COO of Lionsgate, in a statement. “The stories truly offer something for everyone, and the period around the Thanksgiving weekend is such an opportunity for families and friends to make an event of going to the movies.”
'Catching Fire' to spark Thanksgiving 2013
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Into the Woods' First Look: New photos, concept art, and inside dish
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer: What we saw
- Jessica Lange's latest 'AHS: Freak Show' number: Lana Del Rey's 'Gods & Monsters'
- 'Revenge' sneak peek: Tattoo guy makes David Clarke a marked man
- Kiera Cass' 'The Heir': See the cover art for new Selection novel
- Brad Pitt talks 'Fury' (or is that 'Furry'?) on 'Between Two Ferns'
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' First Look: Watch Annalise confront Sam
- Marvel adds a new piece to its teaser art puzzle: 'Inhumans: Attilan Rising'