Natalie Portman has turned down a starring role in the drama Adaline — the same part that was ditched by Katherine Heigl last year. A rep for Portman tells EW that the the Black Swan star was offered and declined the lead role of a woman who mysteriously stops aging after a freak accident. The project previously had a March 2011 start date when Heigl was attached along with director Andy Tennant (The Bounty Hunter, Hitch), but it was put on hold when the actress withdrew last November. Portman, 30, has yet to pick a film since winning an Oscar in February and giving birth to her first child in June, although she has stayed in the public eye thanks to in-the-can movies like Thor and Your Highness and a high profile ad campaign for Miss Dior Cherie perfume.
Natalie Portman turns down 'Adaline' role
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Honey Boo Boo' canceled by TLC 'effective immediately'
- Damian Lewis back at Showtime in pilot for a Wall Street drama with Paul Giamatti
- 'Game of Thrones' actor Charles Dance signs on for Syfy's 'Childhood's End'
- 'Terminator' blows away a first-time viewer's misconceptions
- Peter Jackson lets us peek at his prep work for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- 'Justified' season 6 teaser welcomes Raylan back for his farewell season
- 'Grey’s Anatomy': Sara Ramirez dissects shocking Calzona twist
- 'Project Runway' winner: 'It's just sinking in now'
- Aaron Paul takes on Toys 'R' Us after 'Breaking Bad' toys are pulled
- TLC cancels 'Honey Boo Boo'
- Peter Jackson walks us through his battle plans for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Sara Ramirez dissects shocking Calzona twist
- The 17 most important GIFs from the 'Avengers 2' trailer